bobbackwards
Civilian

Wargamer Review

Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:40 pm

Hey y'all,

I bought this game as soon as it came out based mostly on what I saw in this forum. I am always ready to support independent developers with a passion for great wargames. I was not disappointed. This is a GREAT game! I have literally dozens of pc wargames dating back as far as SSI's Gettysburg and this is one of the best I have played in a LONG time. I dislike RTS and have been dismayed at the glut of those titles that have taken over "wargaming." I therefore thought the Wargamer review was a bit "tepid." They have given dozens of games editor's choice awards that were nowhere near as good as BoA. The con's in the article were fair but I don't think near enough weight was given to the superb gameplay and enormous FUN factor that this game provides. I hope that all of you fellow BoA players vote for BoA in this years readers/gamers choice awards (I know its a long way off, but this game deserves the recognition). Anyway, I really believed that any true wargamer can't help but love this game and I wanted to throw my two cents in and say thanks to our French cousins for once again coming to our rescue in the American Revolution!

Andy Bailey
Forsyth, Georgia
USA

Weatherman
Conscript

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:40 pm

I completely agree. The Wargamer review left a lot to be desired. It seemed to be a cursory review of the game's features. What I like out of a review is to learn whether the review liked the game or not. After reading the Wargamer review, I'm at a loss whether the reviewer likes this game. I don't know if he even likes gaming the Rev War or the Seven Years War. He didn't mention other games covering this period and note differences between them.

All in all, I have to give this review a low rating.

MarkShot

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:14 pm

Despite the review not saying "Go out and buy this game now!" - it further helps to promote brand name recognition of the product which isn't really being marketted with any fancy advertising campaigns. Since a demo of the game is available along with the manual (which although insufficient for game play; it is a good overview), potential customers can easily form their own opinions. Finally, the price of the game is more than reasonable.

Bottom line: I think that review can only help sales.

PhilThib

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:16 pm

I have posted a neutral comment and rectification on their forum...may be you could express your comments there too. :siffle:

Pocus

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:18 pm

PhilThib is completely right. You, the players who spent money and gave us your support, are the ones who can help us the most in starting our second game (and you will be rather interested by what will be in it, believe me !).

So drop a line on BoA in forums where you write, this can tremendously help us.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Donan
Private

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:26 pm

I noted, without going into detail, my disappointment in the review in the Wargamer Forums. 'tepid' to say the least and really not very substantive.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 09, 2006 9:32 pm

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Return to “News from AGEod”