Stwa
Colonel

My WiA Mods

Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi All,

I was able to get my modification of the BOA game to run inside of WiA. In so doing, I was able to retro-fit some of the new leader art and scenarios into the mod. The mod is compatable with WIA v 1.01d. I have included a few screenies, and will probably add a few more later.

The description of this mod is basically the same as my BOA mod, as described here ---> http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7039

I am working with 2 variations, one which preserves engagement points, national morale, and the new ledger variations, and one that attempts to preserve original BOA functionallity regarding these features. I am not sure which is best or more workable at the moment.

I would like to give this unusual mod a lot more testing. For one thing the Mini Map is still not functioning properly. All other game functions seem to be operational, but I need more time to be sure of this. Plus there is bound to be more revisions to WIA, and we will see if the newer versions will still process the old BoA map.

This mod is currently on ice.

Rafiki

Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:50 pm

Stwa wrote:This mod will not be posted at the Ageod forums. Its too large for one thing, and I would not like to maintain it from this site.

How you publish it is your choice, but I very much doubt that it is too large.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:41 am

Rafiki wrote:How you publish it is your choice, but I very much doubt that it is too large.

Rafiki,

I am gonna set things up this way for the following reasons.

1. This is a big mod, and it is cumulative effort over a long period of time.

2. Only members, that have read the specs, and are 100% sure they want the mod should request a copy.

3. I don't like uploading most anything to a public server where I have no control over the distrubtion.

4. There are portions of this mod, which were done by other people, like Lodilefty and Jagger, and I have not sought their permission to upload and/or distribute their material. Even mailing it out to a few interested parties might not be right on my part.

5. This mod is unusual in the sense it really includes mainly BoA components, which pretty much guarantees low interest by the community.

6. This mod is what I wanted to do with BoA, again maybe insuring low interest by the community.

7. Also, I was hoping these posts would spark some discussion about BOA/WIA modding. But that does not seem to be happening, right?

Regards,

Stwa

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:25 am

Rafiki wrote:How you publish it is your choice, but I very much doubt that it is too large.

During beta testing, I tried to upload zip files to the server and they could only be about 3MB in size. That would not be near beeg enough. I have modified a whole mess of region bmp files not to mention unit graphics and stuff.

Rafiki

Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:32 am

The size limits can be changed, but since you have other reasons for not wanting to upload, I see no reason to change them at this point.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:21 am

Rafiki wrote:The size limits can be changed, but since you have other reasons for not wanting to upload, I see no reason to change them at this point.

Thank you..

Return to “WIA Mods”