keithrose5
Civilian

weekly turns

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi All

Fairly new to WIA & very new to WIA modding. I prefer weekly turns - can this be easily modded by altering turns per year via teh modding tools or do I have to also make modifications to supply/events etc for every scenario? Any pointers would be welcome.

lodilefty

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Many events will need to be adjusted, as there are references to "turnIndex" indicating the turn in the year. {11 = December in WIA, but would be Late June for 2 week
turns, etc.]

Many groups are "fixed" for a set number of turns in both Setups and Events, and so this will need to be adjusted by 4x if you go from Monthly to Weekly turns.

Supply generation, consumption and 'carrying capacity' need adjusting for the scenario, using a script command to add to the setup:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/SetSupplyMod

...and prolly more that I've forgotten!

Benchmark: There is a two-week turn for a small scenario [1777 Saratoga] included in the game, that took me a week of work to convert! And it is small, with few events!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

keithrose5
Civilian

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Thanks Lodi'. It was actually your 2 weeks per turn Saratoga scenario that got me thinking about it - there does seem a lot of work - maybe I'll give it a try with a smaller scenario & see how it goes. The spreadsheets at least seem fairly easy to follow.
I am keen to give it a try as a lot can happen in a month and this makes it difficult, if not impossible, to anticipate anything with any accuracy - that may be realistic when forces are spread over the continent but i find it less so if forces are in the same or neighbouring regions, when action & reaction between opposing forces would be alot quicker. A month just leaves you with a "how did he do that" feeling.

Return to “WIA Mods”