soloswolf
General of the Army

Regulars Mod

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi all,

I haven't played WiA in some time, but I am back to give it some more time in the sun.

I had a question about modding the Colonial Regulars so that they do not leave after a few turns. (As I said, I haven't played in a while and I don't remember how long they stick around) Any ideas on how to make it so they will just stay forever without disbanding?

I have played with modding AACW a bit, so I am not entirely unfamiliar with the guts of these games, but I am not an expert by any means, so any details will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

lodilefty

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:28 pm

1. Figure out what Unit designations you wish to change:
[INDENT]easiest is to look in the Units DB spreadsheet.... you won't have to change any models or units, but you need to know the correct aliases[/INDENT]
2. You'll need to change the AutoRaise parameters for the units you wish to change.
easiest is to write an event similar to this:

SelectFaction = $GBR
StartEvent = evt_nam_GBR_Autoraise_Ramx|999|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions

Actions

SelectFaction = $GBR
SetAutoRaise = $uni_GBR_Ram1;[color="Red"]2;0[/color]
SetAutoRaise = $uni_GBR_Ram2;[color="red"]2;0[/color]
SetAutoRaise = $uni_GBR_Ram3;[color="red"]1;0[/color]

EndEvent

This event fires every turn, to protect against any other events changing the param....

This event should be added at the end of the "master" event file for the scenario you wish to change...

ex: 1755 Campaign.sct or 1775 Campaign.sct

Be aware that the COL variants use different Units/Models for the types you are looking at (which is actually the essence of he COL variant:blink :)

There are a lot of other ways to do this, involving editing/compiling the scenario etc, but this is a quick and dirty way to do your mod... :w00t:

Good hunting! Let us know if this acts wierd or doesn't work..... :wacko:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

soloswolf
General of the Army

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:52 pm

While I have seen lots of these words perusing the forums, most of what you have read is beyond my ken. If it helps, what editing I have done has just been playing with unit values and force pool sizes. I am willing to learn more certainly, but I have never written an event before.

As I said, what I am essentially trying to do is to have the colonial forces (regulars, militia, arty and officers) not disappear over time. I can imagine that my not be completely cut and dry with units upgrading, etc., but that's the gist of what I am trying to do.

Does that help? Can you tell me how to proceed? (I definitely will not feel poorly about being treated like a modding noob, as I assuredly am one :D )
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

lodilefty

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:41 pm

What you want to do is essentially "turn off" the Automatic mustering and disbanding of these units.

AFAIK, it's either write an event that reduces disbanding to 0 (as above) for all the units you mean, or totally shut down AutoRaise, which means no mustering of new troops in Springtime, which is ahistorical and probably will throw away game balance (don't know, never tested balance without it)

Note, I erred in one param, and have edited the example above (which is a real event, with some of the units you are discussing).
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “WIA Mods”