Panama Red
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:22 pm

berto:
Is your WIA Weather Mod v04 compatable with the new WIA1.09 patch ???

lodilefty

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Panama Red wrote:berto:
Is your WIA Weather Mod v04 compatable with the new WIA1.09 patch ???

AFAIK, "sort of", but the last posting did not correct the "Coastal" bug. Some of the characteristics of his mod are implemented in 1.09 (reduced severity of Winter in the Souther areas.)

I doubt that berto will reply..... :(
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:54 pm

Thank you. What I do like about his mod is the "weather bands" versus the "patch work quilt effect", which is a more realistic pattern.

lodilefty

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Panama Red wrote:Thank you. What I do like about his mod is the "weather bands" versus the "patch work quilt effect", which is a more realistic pattern.

AFAIK, it won't crash, but it also won't properly do the weather in coastal regions south of Delaware...

I do know that only berto can support this, as we never recieved a DB file, and thus could not include it in the patch :(
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Hummm, in that case, I may have to rethink about using this mod. :confused:

satchel
Conscript

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Berto has continued to develop his weather mods for AGEOD games. Two months ago, in mid-August 2012, he released version 1.0 of his weather mod. The current version is 1.1 and it includes weather adjustments for several AGEOD games: AACW, ROP, RUS, and WIA. The next version is to contain weather mods for NCP and AJE.

The latest version of the mod itself is posted on a forum which I'd call a brother to this one, in spirit and intent. Yet it is maintained by another computer wargame company—so I hesitate to either name it, or to directly link to the location of Berto's weather mod. I already fear that I am offending our hosts here by speaking of one who is banned, and publicizing his work. I humbly request that the authorities here use lenience, as they consider their reponse to my act.

satchel
Conscript

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Berto has continued to develop his weather mods for AGEOD games. Two months ago, in mid-August 2012, he released version 1.0 of his weather mod. The current version is 1.1 and it includes weather adjustments for several AGEOD games: AACW, ROP, RUS, and WIA. The next version is to contain weather mods for NCP and AJE.

The latest version of the mod itself is posted on a forum which I'd call a brother to this one, in spirit and intent. Yet it is maintained by another computer wargame company—so I hesitate to either name it, or to directly link to the location of Berto's weather mod. I already fear that I am offending our hosts here by speaking of one who is banned, and publicizing his work. (I humbly request that the authorities here use lenience, as they consider their response to this post.) If the AGEOD staff has no objection, I'd be happy to privately provide directions to the mod's current online home, if I receive a discreet request to do so, from any of my fellow gamers.

satchel
Conscript

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Berto has continued to develop his weather mods for AGEOD games. Three months ago, in mid-August 2012, he released version 1.0 of his weather mod. The current version is 1.1 and it includes weather adjustments for several AGEOD games: AACW, ROP, RUS, and WIA. The next version is to contain weather mods for NCP and AJE.

The latest version of the mod itself is posted on a forum which I'd call a brother to this one, in spirit and intent. Yet it is maintained by another computer wargame company—so I hesitate to either name it, or to directly link to the location of Berto's weather mod. I already fear that I am offending our hosts here by speaking of one who is banned, and publicizing his work. (I humbly request that the authorities here use lenience, as they consider their response to this post.) If the AGEOD staff has no objection, I'd be happy to privately provide directions to the mod's current online home, if I receive a discreet request to do so, from any of my fellow gamers.

PhilThib

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Please proceed, no objections.

Return to “WIA Mods”