lodilefty

Interim Update 1.06 ver 2a

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Addresses some recently reported bugs and improvement ideas.

==============================================================================
BOA2 : War in America Interim Update 1.06 ver 2
December 16, 2009
==============================================================================
[color="Red"][SIZE="4"]This update must only be applied to WIA version 1.06[/size][/color]

All changes are cumulative since patch 1.06
Items with * are new in version 2

Fixed: Several German Leaders, and USA Glover had weight = 1. Corrected to Weight = 0
Fixed: Alias for Unit 498 = Henri Bouquet for 1755 series [now is: uni_GBR_Bouquet2]
* Fixed: Spanish Army 'Unit Bullet' for on-map display
* Fixed: Short name in unit Admiral Rodney was showng as Pigot

Changed: Training Officer no longer needs to command a group to train troops [trains while anywhere in stack, similar to Drill Master]

* Update: added UserInterface.opt for VGN compatibility in future patches
* Update: added InStructure = 1 to all Structure files for future VGN compatibility in patches

* Added: Aliases for future CIC ability

1755 Campaign
* Reworked text for replacement events to make it clearer what is arriving.

1775/76 AI Help and Game Balance
. Modified AI-GBR purchase Supply option to test for favorable location [free of enemy troops] prior to purchse
. Reduced Aggression bonus for the Boston Evacuation AI event
. Added War Weariness events to penalize Human GBR vs USA AI games. Events start in 1780: Each turn that a 'Colonies' Region is uncontrolled, GBR loses VP and NM
. Added 'Army in Being'. Starting 1780, every 3 months if USA still has >30 Regular + Elite + Dragoon troops and Washington is alive, GBR loses VP and NM

1775/1776 Campaign
. Changed purchase Supply option locations for USA to owned City in PA. Will then search Middle States only if all PA cities are GBR. Then searches all NewEngland locations only if all Middle States cities are GBR.
. Renamed Elijah Clarke's partisan group from Clark's to Clarke's
. Fixed Marion's Partisan group arrival
. Galvez Forces appear immediately unlocked now
* Reworked replacements: fixed bi-annual Militia repl bug; reduced USA Artillery repl; added USA Supply replacements; removed USA Skirmisher repl [no units use this family]
* Reworked text for replacement events to make it clearer what is arriving.
* Fixed Admiral Rowley arrival event to remove 33% chance to arrive in a landlocked region.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Introduction of the 1755 "Colonial Faction", with 3 new scenarios [duplicates of existing FIW scenarios/campaign]:

== GBR Provincials and Militia are now a Sub-faction, with Command Penalties applied if in a stack without leaders of samre faction or with the "Colonial" command ability [Similar penalty to USA/FRA/SPA or GBR/GER in 1775/76]

* Fixed: Nova Scotia Militia is now COL faction [was still GBR]
* Fixed: Kings Royal Rifle Corps [60th Royal Americans] should be GBR Regular. Attempt to create COL version caused error.

1755 Campaign - COL faction
. Rework of scenario using new COL faction for the British Provincials and Militia
. Added AutoGarrison commands

1756 Montcalm
. Rework of scenario using new COL faction for the British Provincials and Militia

1759 Annus Mirabilis Colonial
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

File size 610.3KB
Unzip directly into your Wars in America folder.
Several files and directories will be overwritten.
JSGME format compatible.

Compatibity with saved games is questionable:
several events are rewritten and may conflict with prior version saved games.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

arsan

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Nice!! :coeurs: :coeurs:
Wish i have more free time to try it! :(
Maybe in Christmas... :)
Regarding "removed USA Skirmisher repl [no units use this family]"

I'm pretty sure USA Riflemen and Elite Riflemen units use skirmisher replacements.
On the element panel they show as Light infantry, but take skirmisher replacement for what i've seen.
And the Canadian USA regiment also take one (just one) Riflemen/skirmisher replacements :blink:
Cheers!

joe
Lieutenant

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks Lodilefty!

lodilefty

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:39 pm

arsan wrote:Nice!! :coeurs: :coeurs:
Wish i have more free time to try it! :(
Maybe in Christmas... :)
Regarding "removed USA Skirmisher repl [no units use this family]"

I'm pretty sure USA Riflemen and Elite Riflemen units use skirmisher replacements.
On the element panel they show as Light infantry, but take skirmisher replacement for what i've seen.
And the Canadian USA regiment also take one (just one) Riflemen/skirmisher replacements :blink:
Cheers!

Hmmm.

One type defined in Model, another in the Unit! :confused:
I wonder what that does????
We need a clarification!

OBTW, this change was made in response to a report that Skirmisher replacements never got used. :blink:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

arsan

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:54 pm

lodilefty wrote:OBTW, this change was made in response to a report that Skirmisher replacements never got used. :blink:

Mine maybe?? :)
I remember commenting that free USA skirmisher and very specially USA Partisan replacements tend to accumulate over time as they are not used much (just a little ;) ).
IIRC all riflemen units starts at 100% strength, so unless they loss a full element they will not take a replacements. The two Canadian volunteers units do indeed take a replacement each.
Something similar happens with partisans on a higher degree. The few partisan unist you get start at 100% strengh and are so slippy its hard to lose a full element worth of them. :D

Cheers

arsan

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:49 pm

Hi!

Lodi it seems there is a problem with the interim update :bonk:
Following a report about it on the Spanish sub forum i have installed the update to check it and can confirm that all the port icons have disappeared from the map. :confused:
Happens both on new games and on game started with 1.06.
ANd also both with 1.06+1º interim update+2º interim update (my installation) and on a clean 1.06+2º interim update (the original spansih player report) :(
Hope it's easy to fix! :)

Cheers!

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:02 am

Arsan is correct, the port icons are gone.

lodilefty

oops!

Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:05 pm

Amazing! :blink:

There are days when I Look without Seeing, Listen without Hearing and Speak without saying anything. Yesterday was one of those days :o

{In the course f some hosekeeping and 'compatibility additions', the Harbor.fac file had a parameter unique to WIA removed}

Ports should no longer be stealthy :wacko:

Updated the download in first post. :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:26 pm

arsan wrote:Mine maybe?? :)
I remember commenting that free USA skirmisher and very specially USA Partisan replacements tend to accumulate over time as they are not used much (just a little ;) ).
IIRC all riflemen units starts at 100% strength, so unless they loss a full element they will not take a replacements. The two Canadian volunteers units do indeed take a replacement each.
Something similar happens with partisans on a higher degree. The few partisan unist you get start at 100% strengh and are so slippy its hard to lose a full element worth of them. :D

Cheers

To quote the Master:

If a unit has a template having family X but have elements on the field of family Y, then when the element is destroyed it is replaced with an element of family X. There is no memory that the lost element was Y, what the hosting will do is check the unit definition and see there is a missing X.

..and in WIA, replacements have no effect on recovery of hits [unlike AACW, NCP]

So, barring saved games demonstrating otherwise, methinks lack of Skirmisher replacements is OK :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

arsan

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi!

What's all that Pocus gibberish supposed to mean?? ;) :D
I don't understand anything, sorry :bonk:

But I'm positive Riflemen and Canadians take skirmisher replacements... :confused:
I even suspect USA light infantry may also use them (at least on the unit detail panel it says they are skirmishers).
What do you need in the save game?? Something like this Canadian regiment with a skirmisher/riflemen may be helpful??

[ATTACH]9768[/ATTACH]
Attachments
riflemen.jpg

lodilefty

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Let me look at the LocalStrings to see what text references are...

Pocus says that the replacement of a missing element is defined by the Unit definition [and there are no units in DB that call for Skirmisher]

Stay tuned.

I'm slightly confused too! :blink:

I would need a saved game showing the actual consumption of a skirmisher replacement: turn prior to consumption....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

arsan

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:28 pm

lodilefty wrote:I would need a saved game showing the actual consumption of a skirmisher replacement: turn prior to consumption....

Mmm... that will be a little difficult :bonk: Didn't happened recently...
I will be on the look for it when it happens next, but as i have not many playing time lately it can take a while :(
Cheers!

Pocus

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:12 am

Don't flatter me Arsan! :)

As Steve says... if not unit in the DB has a skirmisher family listed, then I don't see how some can be used up. But I can be mistaken by the code itself, this would not be the first time (though I hope it will be the last time, for 2009) :neener:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “WIA Mods”