Narwhal

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Still playing - the "Small Pox exarcerbated" when more than 22 Indian elements at the same spot is a nice touch.

Just won as the Indian by shattering enemy morale at turn 16 (October 1766).

Edit : No - wait. I won because I took Fort Pitt without battle by sieging.

Narwhal

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Yet another bug when I take Fort Niagara (I continued the game) :

I see evt_nam_NiagaraLost1PW

Narwhal

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Might not be a bug : The Cayuga after being triggered and the Seneca TRIBE don't winter. This might be an engine limitation.

Narwhal

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 pm

And finally, this one might be a big one, or not a bug : in Winter 1764-1765, most of my Indians wintered, but my supplies (the "Indian" ones) vanished - except one. Is it WAD ?

lodilefty

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Hobbes wrote:<snip>
Rogers is one of the few models that has not been created specifically for Pontiac’s War so he has the promotion possibility that other leaders don’t have. I don’t think that Rogers is a leader that was ever likely to make general – maybe if Lodi reads this he may decide to remove the promote option from him and other irregular leaders/rangers?

Interesting to note the display bug as well.

Hocus Lodi!

Without some play-balance testing for other scenarios where Rogers (and other "Raider leaders") are in play, this change probably won't happen. After all, which French Leaders in FIW do we restrict? Too fuzzy a line. Fertile ground for modding...

I'd like to see a save game for this display bug
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Narwhal

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Here you are.

http://rapidshare.com/files/419189757/Fin_Pontiacs_War.rar (10 downloads max only)

The bug can be seen last turn, on Fort de Chartres.

Hobbes will want to see how I beat the Indians and how I get to rename most buildings involved in that war.

lodilefty

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Narwhal wrote:Here you are.

http://rapidshare.com/files/419189757/Fin_Pontiacs_War.rar (10 downloads max only)

The bug can be seen last turn, on Fort de Chartres.

Hobbes will want to see how I beat the Indians and how I get to rename most buildings involved in that war.

Tried to d/l, got only a fragment, now I'm blocked out.

Please post saves here as attachment. Only need current turn and /Backup1
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Narwhal

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Oh.... did not know you could attach directly a link.

I don't know which file to put, so I put a lot of them !

Here is a SC. I assure you there is a commander in that stack (I took the screenshoot for the message bug, not for the display bug).
Attachments
Sauvegardes Fin Pontiacs War.rar
(174.75 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
Backup1.rar
(178.86 KiB) Downloaded 538 times

lodilefty

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Narwhal wrote:Oh.... did not know you could attach directly a link.

I don't know which file to put, so I put a lot of them !

Here is a SC. I assure you there is a commander in that stack (I took the screenshoot for the message bug, not for the display bug).

Thanks. I see it, and will discuss it with The Master.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Hobbes

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:23 pm

evt_nam_NiagaraLost1PW is just a message to inform the player of its loss and the text is in the latest version.
The lack of wintering was either a design decision or a bug which has been fixed (so long ago I forget).

Indian supplies are always used up at the start of winter – so WAD.

Not sure I understand the Fort Bradstreet name.
Did you somehow amend the name yourself? Did you build a stockade via the option - or by using artillery and supply?

Cheers, Chris

Narwhal

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Hobbes wrote:evt_nam_NiagaraLost1PW is just a message to inform the player of its loss and the text is in the latest version.
The lack of wintering was either a design decision or a bug which has been fixed (so long ago I forget).

Indian supplies are always used up at the start of winter – so WAD.

OK. Everything WAD then :)

Not sure I understand the Fort Bradstreet name.
Did you somehow amend the name yourself? Did you build a stockade via the option - or by using artillery and supply?

Cheers, Chris

It is just Fort Erié that was destroyed and rebuilt by me using 1 supply and 1 arty. I suppose the engine names new forts by the name of the founder if no name is avalaible, which was the case for some reason.

lodilefty

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Narwhal wrote:It is just Fort Erié that was destroyed and rebuilt by me using 2 supply units. I suppose the engine name new forts by the name of the founder if no name is avalaible, which was the case for some reason.

- Guillaume

I sure hope you built it using 1 Artillery and 1 supply! Otherwise we have a problem.... :blink:

...and yes, for several patches (at least) forts "constructed" by the player are named after the senior leader present when built....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Narwhal

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:09 pm

lodilefty wrote:I sure hope you built it using 1 Artillery and 1 supply! Otherwise we have a problem.... :blink:

As you may have noticed in this thread, I am very absent-minded and confuse stuff a lot.
In any case, I had no use of all that arty. Made me slow to chase the indians in the forest.

Hobbes

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:22 am

Looking fairly good then. It is only supposed to be played PBEM as British - but it didn't seem that you had too many problems -
not much idea from the opposition though I imagine :)

Cheers, Chris

Hobbes

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Hobbes wrote:Hi folks, in case you are thinking of trying the scenario you may want to wait for a few weeks. I will post a new patch when I have had time to test it with the following changes (and possibly one or two others). I'm hoping that this will be the final patch, but I may put some work in to create a scenario that is playable against a British AI once King William's War is complete (unless I start work on a Peloponnesian War scenario).
I'll post here when it is ready.

Improvements
William Johnson’s constitution has been improved – he won’t fall ill quite as often
The Indian Chalagawatha objective has been removed. It was not necessary as it is already a British objective.
This is also an attempt to reduce Indian VP slightly
Junundat removed as a British objective should the Wyandots tire of the fight
New Mississauga Indian village at Ganaraske on the northern shore of lake Ontario
Several events have modified triggering criteria or text

Fixes
Robert Rogers graphic will now appear correctly
The duplicate Allan Campbell is now the correct John Campbell
The Cahokias Confluent is now navigable
The British are not given the option to build bateaux on the Ohio river until the Indian villages of Sawcunk and Wakatomika have been subdued
Missing text for the Vincennes and fort Chartres capture events is now included
Fixed bug where sometimes Indians would gain a regular monthly supply from traders
Fixed bug where Cherokee’s would intercept Indian supply each turn. This is now a % chance each turn if the Cherokee option has been selected by the British player
Both trader and captured British supply is removed from the Indians at the start of each winter. Fresh supply can be obtained from traders in the spring.
More chance of the Indians suffering a morale loss during the winter months

Cheers, Chris

Edit:-

Fixes
Cayuga fixed units changing sides remain in their villages
Hopkins graphic appears correctly
Fox unlocked when reacting to a Dahcotah raid
Several other small fixes and improvements.

EDIT: Sorry for the delay with this - if anyone is waiting for the final patch.
I am now having some problems with the AI aggression in WiA patch 1.07.
Hope I can get this sorted out and then the patch will be available.

EDIT II: Pocus has found a fix for the AI Aggression problem - The AI is sometimes moving into an assault posture when looking to assault a small structure some distance away - unfortunately it can move into this posture while in a region with a large fort - and thus makes a suicidal attack on the large fort! I will have to wait for the next patch before I can complete testing - so it may be some time yet. :(

Update. The final version is now ready and will be released shortly after the next WiA patch (1.08) is made official (barring any major bugs).

Cheers, Chris

twitter
Private

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Hobbes wrote:Update. The final version is now ready and will be released shortly after the next WiA patch (1.08) is made official (barring any major bugs).

Also backing up the latest files on the thread (I would not advise to use these before 1.08).
Cheers, Chris

Chris,

How is it looking after the latest patch release? Can I DL the mod and plug it in? I have been following it and waiting patiently.

Thanks,

Brian

Hobbes

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:35 pm

twitter wrote:Chris,

How is it looking after the latest patch release? Can I DL the mod and plug it in? I have been following it and waiting patiently.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian, I've been concentrating a bit too much on King William's War but as the testing of that seems fine Pontiac should work OK as well.
I have been slowly extracting all the files I need to make a final test with a clean install - but I will make sure an extractable file for the mod is available by next weekend (unless I hit a snag - but I don't expect too).

I've been looking for an excuse to post this picture :)

Thanks, Chris
Attachments
pontiac8.jpg

twitter
Private

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:24 am

Chris,

Excellent picture. I will DL both mods as they are on my list to add to this wonderful game. I appreciate all your efforts for both of these mods. I have been waiting patiently and know it will be worth the wait.

Have a great night,

Brian

Hobbes

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Attached is the final version of the Pontiac's War scenario. I have had very little time to test under 1.08 so let me know if you find any problems and I will take a look.

EDIT: the final version is now in latest patch.

The only snag I get is the mysterious loss of unit shortnames for leaders shown below - I think this only happens with Windows 7 and I will investigate.
If you experience this with any other OS please let me know.

Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg

deguerra
Major

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi Hobbes,

I certainly had this issue under Windows Vista for the previous version, will check the new one tomorrow and let you know!

Hobbes

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:53 pm

deguerra wrote:Hi Hobbes,

I certainly had this issue under Windows Vista for the previous version, will check the new one tomorrow and let you know!

Thanks deguerra, that's very interesting. I have managed to install a version without the problem - it almost seems random. No clue as to the reason at the moment.
Did you have the problem with the Pontiac scenario or a stock scenario? My PBEM opponent in King William's War did not get this problem using the same files as me.

Chris

Paul Roberts

Sun May 01, 2011 12:54 pm

This is great to see!

Quick question--I may have missed this somewhere. Does the installation replace any default WIA material? In other words, can I still play regular WIA with Pontiac's War installed?

Hobbes

Sun May 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi Paul, yes it won't cause any problems to stock WiA scenarios.

Cheers, Chris

simovitch
Corporal

Thu May 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Hobbes wrote:Thanks deguerra, that's very interesting. I have managed to install a version without the problem - it almost seems random. No clue as to the reason at the moment.
Did you have the problem with the Pontiac scenario or a stock scenario? My PBEM opponent in King William's War did not get this problem using the same files as me.

Chris

I'm having the same problem on my Windows 7 machine.

It effects unit commanders on both sides. On the GBR side, Joseph Hopkins and Montresor seem to be immune.

Some of the Commanders show up correctly on the unit listing, until you select them for viewing on the map.

From my "wild guess" department: Looks like may have something to do with the compilation of "NULL" in your LocalStrings_WIA_PW.csv that is disliked by post Windows XP systems.

Hobbes

Thu May 05, 2011 9:27 pm

simovitch wrote:I'm having the same problem on my Windows 7 machine.

It effects unit commanders on both sides. On the GBR side, Joseph Hopkins and Montresor seem to be immune.

Some of the Commanders show up correctly on the unit listing, until you select them for viewing on the map.

From my "wild guess" department: Looks like may have something to do with the compilation of "NULL" in your LocalStrings_WIA_PW.csv that is disliked by post Windows XP systems.

Thanks Simovitch, I'll take a look at the problem at the weekend. I noticed Montresor was OK - but all non Pontiac and KWW models seem OK and he is in that group.
Also leader models that have an attached unit like Hopkins also seem OK.
Just a case of spot the difference or something about the position of my models in the file - maybe a corruption somewhere. Thanks for the "NULL" idea - I'll have a play around on Saturday. I've made 4 fresh installs and 3 have the problem and 1 works OK. Very weird.

EDIT: PC has come back to life. This doesn't seem to be a simple case of duplicate names in the text files.
I'll try and sort it out in the next week or two if my PC continues to work.
Cheers, Chris

Hobbes

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi folks, I finally understand what is happening. If you get this problem after adding the mod you have to go into the WIA/GameData/Models directory and delete the Models.Cached file - also delete the WIA/GameData/Units/Units.Cached file. When you next fire up the game new cache files will be created and the text will magically appear!

I hope to improve the way this works for my mods - but for the time being this will sort out the text problems :w00t:

If anyone has trouble with this please post or PM me.

Cheers, Chris

Narwhal

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Thanks for the support, Hobbes

deguerra
Major

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:50 am

Hi Hobbes!

Sorry to have left out my report for such a long time, but just to let you know, your little fix worked a charm for me too!

:thumbsup:

Hobbes

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks for the update deguerra although this should no longer be a problem as the scenario is now part of the latest patch.

Cheers, Chris

deguerra
Major

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Still had to delete those two files though. Assume if I had done a fresh reintall along with the patch it would have been fine though.

Let me thank you again for this great scenario, I really love it. :thumbsup:

Actually, one question: Playing as the British, the Dakota Sioux (I think) sent a force because Pontiac's Alliance did not heed their warning not to siege one of the eastern forts. That worked really great.

However, after having destroyed one puny Indian village, and certainly long before winter, they went home again! I was just curious as to what the trigger for that was? I certainly hope they don't expect to be part of the victory parade ;)

Return to “WIA Mods”