PANGI

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:34 pm

erea
ImageImage

Pocus

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:28 am

Excellent work Pangi, thanks for your graphic mod! Can we point to it on others websites?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

PANGI

Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Pocus wrote:Excellent work Pangi, thanks for your graphic mod! Can we point to it on others websites?

Thanks Pocus. Others websites :confused: ...sure...it's there for a public use :)

[color="Black"][SIZE="4"]and thanks to TiFlo for mod's banner[/size][/color] :thumbsup:
ImageImage

TiFlo
Captain

Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:23 pm

No problem :)

@ Hobbes
I'll take some time to rework your Pontiac War highlander. It is still quite pixelated and is obviously not up to PANGI's units standards. I should have something in a few days.
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:03 pm

TiFlo wrote:No problem :)

@ Hobbes
I'll take some time to rework your Pontiac War highlander. It is still quite pixelated and is obviously not up to PANGI's units standards. I should have something in a few days.

He looked good to me - but that's great.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Chris

PANGI

Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:47 pm

another thank to TiFlo for brand new first post... ;)
ImageImage

Hobbes

Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:03 am

TiFlo wrote:No problem :)

@ Hobbes

Hi TiFlo, I am trying to get him into the next 1.05a patch. Is this version OK to use or shall I wait for an update?

Thanks, Chris

TiFlo
Captain

Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Your scenario's ready?! Ok, I'll hurry up. Can you wait a little (just a tiny winy little more)?
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:16 pm

TiFlo wrote:Your scenario's ready?! Ok, I'll hurry up. Can you wait a little (just a tiny winy little more)?

No worries TiFlo, if it doesn't make this patch it can go in the following one.
The full scenario won't be officially released yet but may appear as a mod first (next couple of weeks if I can fix my PC for any length of time).

Thanks, Chris

Florent

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Fantastic work Pangi :coeurs: at last those british Grenadiers, the 1755-1762 look of the British army is now much better. Thanks again :D

Florent

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:19 pm

The uniforms for King's William could be included in the Pequots war.

TiFlo
Captain

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm speaking in the dark here, but doesn't the Pequots War scenario use units from the FIW scenarii? I know Chris wants to include a different Highlander model for his Pontiac War scenario (it's coming Chris, it's coming!), but I'm not sure whether he added a different model or not.
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Florent

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:16 pm

The pequots's war is taking place in the 1670 if i remember thus the uniforms are not correct. I'm speaking about colonials-British of course.

PANGI

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:46 pm

thanks florent, i though peqout war is even earlier conflict (morions and harquebuses needed). i was also unhappy about models for that scenario (maybe some day i'll try some changes).
ImageImage

Hobbes

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:04 pm

TiFlo wrote:I'm speaking in the dark here, but doesn't the Pequots War scenario use units from the FIW scenarii? I know Chris wants to include a different Highlander model for his Pontiac War scenario (it's coming Chris, it's coming!), but I'm not sure whether he added a different model or not.

Yes, it is easy for me to change the graphics in Pontiac's War and King William's War as most models are unique to the scenario (mainly as they are company sized units or smaller so I had to create new models).

Pontiac's War should now be available in a beta mod form after the WiA 1.05b patch so if anyone would like to take a look at the units then, please suggest any graphic updates as you see fit (or create new graphics if you want to see them in the game).

Cheers, Chris
P.S. just realised I can also add the Royal American and foot reg. graphics from the mod into Pontiac's War :thumbsup: :love:
Should I use the Virginia Provincials graphic for all provincials or should I stay with the current?

Florent

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:21 pm

"thanks florent, i though peqout war is even earlier conflict (morions and harquebuses needed). i was also unhappy about models for that scenario (maybe some day i'll try some changes)."
You'r right Pangi :thumbsup: 1670 is actually King Philip, pequots 'war is 1620/1640.

TiFlo
Captain

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:34 pm

That's great Chris! So what new units can we expect to see in there?
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:56 pm

TiFlo wrote:That's great Chris! So what new units can we expect to see in there?

Hi TiFlo, I feel that I may not have made this very clear. The new models I have in the Pontiac scenario are basically just smaller versions of the models that exist already in the French & Indian War scenario. However they do give the possibility of allowing new graphics for particular units.

So I can add the mod graphics for the Highlanders, Royal Americans, Foot infantry and Provincials. I've uploaded the Pontiac scenario files. If anyone would like to make a graphic specific to a unit in the file I will happily create a new model for the unit to point to the new graphic.

For example 80th Light Armed Foot or Pennsylvania Provincials - if there are any units anyone wants to make a specific graphic for I can add it.

Cheers, Chris
P.S. for King William's War I am mainly using existing militia and colonist graphics (with the small changes I can make to them using gimp), but if anyone would like to see their artwork in the game there are plenty of variations I could use.
Attachments

[The extension xls has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Hobbes

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi chaps, I have added 6 of the new graphics into the Pontiac scenario. I thought you might like to see a few in situ.
Please let me know if you think certain units would be more realistic with the old graphics (but they all look good to me).

I have used the new Highlander as a marker TiFlo, when you complete your Pontiac version I will add that graphic - the marker looks pretty good though!

Cheers, Chris
Attachments
P2.jpg
P1.jpg

Hobbes

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:58 pm

I have started to make a few changes to existing officers for King William's War. Making the uniforms a little more drab and adding a little more hair :-

Snag is that I have no idea at the moment how I can convert these into a portrait with the cream oval behind them.

It's actually quite fun to pick a leader at random and try to make them look a little late 17th century. :)
If anyone wants to give it a go it would be best to pick the lesser known ones (and for that I include the images of Pocus etc as being too well known). Pick a leader, add some hair and post! :thumbsup:

Cheers, Chris

P.S. it's also useful that officers had no set uniforms at this time (as far as I can tell - although some tended to wear similar colours to their men).
Attachments
Army_GBR_Ph1.png
Army_GBR_JF1.png
Army_FRA_Ro1.png
Army_FRA_Fr1.png

Hobbes

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Also if anyone has the skill to create a new leader image such as Sir William Phips or Frontenac I would be very grateful! :love:

Thanks, Chris

Hobbes

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:45 pm

I didn't realise until this week that you could get decent images online like this from Osprey and Google books :-

http://books.google.com/books?id=RXgg4cbWhsUC&pg=PT15&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=5#v=onepage&q=&f=false

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/section.aspx?SectionID=32

Cheers, Chris

PANGI

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Speak for myself i must say im quite busy now and have to leave all work on WIA . Hobbes im afraid that i have to leave your request to TiFlo :(

But if anyone interested i still have some models which were intended for American revolutionary war. I could post them here.
ImageImage

TiFlo
Captain

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:47 pm

No problem, I'm on it. Just tackling some RL business right now, sorry for the delay Chris.
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Thanks for any help chaps - but there is no rush for anything.

Cheers, Chris

TiFlo
Captain

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey PANGI, I've been thinking for a while about doing a pack for the AWI too. I was going to ask you about it, but since you don't have time, I could try to do it. And if you already have some work done, I'd be pleased to have somewhere to start from. Let me know what you want to do.
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

PANGI

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:57 am

TiFlo, i have this so far. My last attempt for AWI was highlander but work rush started before i fihished him. I think the main problem in these scenarios are period-like looking british and good german uniforms...but surely there is a lot what can be improved...
Attachments
AWI graphic pack in progress.rar
(645.23 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
ImageImage

Drax
Corporal

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Amazing work Pangi (and others). Let me thank you for sharing all this beautiful work =)

Herr Doctor
Conscript

Re: Frech&Indian Wars Graphic Pack

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:57 am

Such a beautiful work! Would be great if there was similar pack for the British and French of the RoP.

Return to “WIA Mods”