petdocvmd
Conscript

WIA - BoA2 AAR: 1778 Northern Campaign - A newbie fights from the American side

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:09 am

Hello, and here is the first part (planning) of an AAR I am writing as I go for the 1778 Northern Campaign. In this battle I am taking the side of the Americans, while my esteemed and more experience opponent (Durk) controls the British forces.

This AAR is from the perspective of a neophyte to BoA2 (and military strategy games in general). I have tried, however, to "do my homework" - but you will play with me as I learn from my mistakes (and watch Durk punish me <G>), and (hopefully) celebrate triumphs.

Comments, advice, and constructive criticism are of course welcomed :-)

I have not posted enough times to the forum to be able to post the link, so I will ask Durk to do so in a reply to this thread.

Cheers,

Scott

Durk

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi all,
Scott is indeed a neophyte, to new to the forum to post link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgvelalm9wlcipx/BoA2%20-%201778%20Northern%20Campaign%20Initial%20Planning.pdf

Please enjoy, as I am not allowed to look just yet, you will have to tell Scott what you think.

Durk

TJD
Sergeant

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:25 pm

A nice bit of planning, Scott, and your graphics work is very thorough indeed. I hope you'll be able to keep that up through the turns ahead.

Looking forward to seeing this one develop...

Tim

petdocvmd
Conscript

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:18 am

Looks like I can post now :)

Here is turn 1:

Turn 1

and newly completed turn 2:

Turn 2

Note that Durk's nickname should be "lightning" based on his hitting me multiple places at the speed of light ;)

Enjoy!

Scott

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America AARs”