OldContemptible
Civilian

Missing Savegame

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:44 am

Hello. When I click "Resume Game" my previous save doesn't load and it doesn't appear in the "Load Game" menu either. I'm *sure* I didn't delete it - it just disappeared. It's still there in the "Saves" game folder, so why isn't it appearing in game? I had a particularly good campaign going so any help recovering it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Durk

Re: Missing Savegame

Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:09 am

Hi OldContemptible - Welcome to the forum.
Two possible things, one might be you are not saving before you exit. Saving creates a new version of the file.

Are you running the game in administrative mode. This is the most usual reason as the game creates files 'outside' of the game and it needs the 'permission' admin mode provides.

It sounds like the game has been working for you for some time, so if neither of the above work, please repost.

OldContemptible
Civilian

Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:24 am

I haven't been manually saving - this hasn't caused a problem before though. Haven't been running in administrative mode either. As a test, I just tried running as admin, starting a campaign, exited and started up again without admin mode, and then tried accessing the new save - it worked. The old save is still there in the game files - is there any way to access it? Thank you for the help.

Durk

Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:01 pm

If you cannot see the file from the load game menu, try this.
Open the saves file and create a new folder, something like, test of backup.
Open the most recent backup file'
Copy and past all files into the new folder.
Then go to the load games menu and see if you can now see the game.
If this works you will have only lost one turn.

Another option - remove the new game folders from saves and try the resume game option with only the folder of your campaign game inside the saves folder

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”