Cfant
Lieutenant

Can't finde save?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi!

I started a PbEM against a friend. So I started the War of Independence and saved (called the save 1775). But in the WIA/SAVES folder, there is no 1775 folder. Whenever I start a new game, no matter what scenario, even if playing a few turns, no save folder is created. Strangly, when I run WiA, I can load the save? All the saves from all the games against the AI I can load, but in the save-folder, there are only two folders from former 1755 campaigns. How can this be? Tried to search for trn-files, but only found the trn files from the two 1755 campaings, where the folders exist. Please help!

Thanks!

A desperate Cfant

Cfant
Lieutenant

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Here two pictures: The very empty save-folder and the many games of different scenarios I can load ingame. As mentioned: Even if I search trn-files, I can't find them...
Attachments
load.jpg
saveordner.jpg

Hobbes

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Could it be in here?

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Wars in America ....

With W7 or Vista there can be the very annoying saves in the virtual store folder. It seems if you install games into the C:\Games folder this doesn't happen.
Other wierd things can happen if games are not installed into the C:\Games folder (for any game) - so always worth doing this. Do AGEOD games default install to the games folder?

If you find this is the case it is worth doing a fresh install into the C:\Games folder rather than \ProgramFiles

Cheers,
Chris

Cfant
Lieutenant

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Thanks a lot! I just found an older thread with the same issue. Should have read first, sorry for the inconvenience. :) Now I find it. But who the hell makes a system, that HIDES files?

However, many thanks for the quick help!

Hobbes

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Cfant wrote:Thanks a lot! I just found an older thread with the same issue. Should have read first, sorry for the inconvenience. :) Now I find it. But who the hell makes a system, that HIDES files?

Microsoft :(

Cfant
Lieutenant

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:52 pm

One question remains: Shall I really declare independence from Britain, when this makes the path for companies like that? ;)

Hobbes

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 pm

If you don't there will be a British Microsoft eventually :)
Sir Steven Gates Esq.

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”