Nical
Conscript

Freezing the interface

Tue May 01, 2012 8:39 pm

I found something that seems like a bug in the interface. Not really a problem, it appears when doing specifics things :

When I have an open element window (I've just clock on the OTAN symbol on one unit in the stack), and then press one of the F[1-12] key, the interface seems to be frozen.
I cannot select units, many buttons do not work (Menu, [ESCAPE] key, ...).
I manage to bring back the control by right-clicking on the AGE symbole on Windows bar and select Quit. This brings me to BOAII's menu and asks me if I really want to quit. I say 'no', resume the game and all is back to normal.

I'm running the last version of the game on Windows XP.

English is not my native langage, but I hope you will understand my meaning.

lodilefty

Wed May 02, 2012 11:35 am

Confirmed:
Keyboard is disabled, as are the 'clickable' menu options at upper right, and the 'Globe' that should open the ledger.

Thanks for the report.
:love:

As the wise physician says: "Don't do that, and it won't hurt!" :blink:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Pocus

Wed May 02, 2012 1:54 pm

This is working as designed, some windows are 'modal', i.e you can't access others windows while the first is open. Think of it like say the 'choose font box' in Microsoft word, if it is open, you can access others windows until the first is validated or cancelled.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Wed May 02, 2012 9:44 pm

but entire stays locked/frozen until you close it from Windows Taskbar then resume
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Nical
Conscript

Thu May 03, 2012 9:14 am

I was to much trying to find the good words to use that I completly forgot to make them have sense. Shame on me...
Opening this "modal" windows works. Closing it with [ESCAPE] works to. But if I try to access one of the report page with [F1-12], the modal window closes itself. The windows is not there, but the program acts as if it was still open.

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”