Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

installing to 2nd computer

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:54 pm

Hello after buying this game from gamergate, i went to summer holiday and i bring my old laptop with me,can i install this game also on this laptop? this game was already installed on my pc back home. do my serial key can have a problem? thanks

edit "Users are only allowed to install and use one specimen of the acquired software on a single computer, unless specified otherwise in the license purchased. It is however generally admitted that the administrative user will be granted the right to issue a backup copy of the software. " as said ;)

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:52 pm

baris30 wrote:Hello after buying this game from gamergate, i went to summer holiday and i bring my old laptop with me,can i install this game also on this laptop? this game was already installed on my pc back home. do my serial key can have a problem? thanks

edit "Users are only allowed to install and use one specimen of the acquired software on a single computer, unless specified otherwise in the license purchased. It is however generally admitted that the administrative user will be granted the right to issue a backup copy of the software. " as said ;)

I think it is ok to have only one copy of the game installed at a time. So it should be ok to install the game on the laptop as long as you remove it from the pc. At least from the license POV.

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:58 pm

deleted

Hobbes

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:30 pm

I have five copies of WiA on my PC at the moment - and just deleted three last week. So there should be no problem with this.
Is there a restriction imposed by GamersGate?

Cheers, Chris

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:39 pm

thanks Gray, i purchased Rise of prussia from steam and i duplicate game folder and installed on different folder because steam has different DRM so i can not install beta patches on it.so i have 2 ROP in the same pc but.. wars in america ,ACW and ww1 gold those are bought from gamersgate. and im in holiday those 3 games installed in home pc,but what i ask is that can i install those games also in my laptop for 2 or 3 weeks, without uninstalling from my home pc(as it is 600 km away now :) but as Anazagar mentioned which i thought also that it can be regarded as piracy thats why im scared and ask before installing to laptop also from gamergate. but thanks for answer.

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”