caranorn

game freeze

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:02 pm

My current game seems to freeze when one of my forces engages the enemy at Savannah. The battle screen appears, the gun sounds start and all of a sudden everything stops. I can still move the mouse cursor, but if I click I get a Windows pop up window saying WiA is not responding and offering me three alternatives (search for a solution and exit, exit, try again)...

I've been able to replicate this at least once (slightly different orders to the force, originally it marched through Savannah on defensive, going into offensive as it entered the enemy controlled territory, an obvious oversight as my intent was to board ships off Savannah to go resupply at Charlston, second attempt was than with offensive order with same game freeze)...

I'm not sure which game files I should upload...
Marc aka Caran...

lodilefty

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Try turning on "evasive move" for the troops and ships involved. This is usually required in the face of enemy troops.

What version are you running?

In any case, upload the Saved game:

Current turn and \Backup1 \Backup2 sub-folders
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

caranorn

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:06 am

Will upload the files tonight when I'm on the other computer. I'm running the latest version I believe...

I only made that move as I had thought they could embark directly from their current location. My force is also strong enough to take on the enemy at Savannah, they are just running low on supply which is why I wanted to withdraw from the area, then again, if my force was defeated they'd withdraw inland and not board my ships. So you are correct about evade...
Marc aka Caran...

lodilefty

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:39 pm

If by latest version you mean the 1.06d patch, then we need to see the save game.

If you are still running 1.06, this may well be a bug fixed by the patch, and we need you to apply the patch and see before you upload anything.... :D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

caranorn

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:58 pm

I was still running 1.06. I just updated to the 1.06d beta and that indeed solved the problem...

Thanks,
Marc aka Caran...

lodilefty

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:43 pm

caranorn wrote:I was still running 1.06. I just updated to the 1.06d beta and that indeed solved the problem...

Thanks,

:thumbsup: :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”