esde
Civilian

Installation Problem: 'Disc not responding'

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:44 am

I purchased a copy of 'BoA2' from Amazon in December and attempted to load the game onto my PC at the weekend.
The normal 'autoplay' function did not interact with the CD, so I attempted to initiate the loading process via 'My Computer > DVDROM drive > LMB setup.exe. I eventually received an error message: 'disc not responding'.
I have 22 other PC games in my collection and have now tested all of them (from the venerable 'Combat Mission' & 'Uncommon Valor' to the latest 'Sins of a Solar Empire') and all load perfectly (via 'autoplay').
However, I do also own your 'Campaigns of Napoleon' which I purchased last summer but have not played thus far (sorry!) - when I tried a test installation yesterday, it too performed exactly as the 'BoA2' disc ...
Any suggestions for resolving this impasse would be most welcome.
Thanks & best wishes.
Stephen
My PC is only 1 year old & incorporates:
Windows XP (SP3)
Intel Dual Core 3.15ghz CPU
2gb 800mhz DDR RAM
512mb Nvidia GT8800 VGA card

PhilThib

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:52 am

Who is the publisher? (i.e AGEOD is the developper, but the logo of local publisher is on the box). If you bought an English version or live in the UK, most likely it is from "Ascaron".

If so, let me know so that we can handle the technical part of this with their factory, as they have known some defective discs in the past.

What usually works for me is the following: I copy the content of the DVD in an empty dump folder on my HD, then install the game normally from there, and finally remove the dump folder. You do not need the CD/DVD to play.

esde
Civilian

Thanks

Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Dear Philippe,

Many thanks for your very prompt response.

I do indeed live in (Old) England and having checked the boxes, both bear the Asceron logo. Would you kindly advise me as to what I should do about these apparently 'defective' discs?

Meanwhile I will see if I can 'copy & paste' the setup.exe, into an empty folder as a possible solution. My thanks for this suggestion, as it is a route that I would never have thought of! I shall certainly attempt this over the weekend.

Thanks & best wishes.

Stephen

PS. Excellent customer service! :)

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”