jduteau
Civilian

Region Adjacency error

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:38 am

I recently bought a copy of BoA2 from a friend. I have installed it and played the tutorial and it seems very interesting. I noticed the upgrade button and clicked it to upgrade from 1.01e to 1.02c. But now I can't get past the first turn in the tutorial. When I click on Next Turn, it crashes with a "Region Adjacency error". I have also upgraded it to the latest public beta patch and it still gives me that error.

I tried searching the forums to see if anyone else had this problem and could not find it referenced in the forums.

Jean Duteau

Primasprit

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:36 am

Hi jduteau!

To play our game we recommend using a legal copy. Unfortunately yours is none. :(
You can get one in our web shop. A free demo version is available too. :cool:

Regards
Norbert

Pocus

Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:01 am

This thread should be destroyed within 48 hours. :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Siekster
Sergeant

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:02 pm

For the stupid among us (me), the fact that he bought it from his friend doesn't make the copy illegal, rather he is mostly likely using an illegal copy obtained from other means.....

Is that correct?
"You underestimate my powers!!!"

-Anakin Skywalker, moments before jumping and having three of his extremities hacked off by a lightsaber...

Primasprit

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:09 pm

For the stupid among us (me), the fact that he bought it from his friend doesn't make the copy illegal, rather he is mostly likely using an illegal copy obtained from other means.....

Is that correct?
Yes, this is correct. Without any doubt he is using a pirated copy, so his friends name is most probably "Torrent".

Cheers
Norbert

Gray_Lensman

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:40 pm

deleted

lodilefty

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:If he had bought it from a "friend", he would have also obtained his friend's serial number.

And on the off chance that he did purchase it from a friend, I doubt AGEod would want to provide support to "second" hand copies of the game. That would not be a financially wise decision.

Maybe not financially desireable for AGEOD, but AFAIK it's legal....

How would AGEOD distinguish a resell from a gift?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Primasprit

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Of course reselling is perfectly legal. :cwboy:

jduteau
Civilian

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:41 pm

Primasprit wrote:Hi jduteau!

To play our game we recommend using a legal copy. Unfortunately yours is none. :(

I am sorry to all who believe that I got my copy from illegal means. As far as I knew, I did not. I bought this from a co-worker for $5. I have a CD case with an insert that certainly looks official. I am quite put out to find that she downloaded this from some pirate site and then, when I mentionned that I liked the game when she showed it to me, took advantage of me. Not much of a friend or co-worker!

Sorry,

JDuteau

Rafiki

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm

How "entrepreneurial" of her :eyebrow:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”