Siekster
Sergeant

Unable to receive naval reinforcements, US 1812

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:16 am

Hey there.

I'm playing version 1.02c, PBEM 1812 as the US. For the last 4 turns, I have tried to get naval reinforcements, 1 turn I tried to get a Champlain Flotilla, the next I tried to get was an Ontario Flotilla. I figured, hey, it's winter and maybe because the lake is frozen I can't get them. But the last 2 turns I've tried to get Privateer reinforcements, and they won't show up either. All my land reinforcements have been arriving just fine, but I'm struggling w/o the Naval reinforcements. My opponent has been able to receive his naval reinforcements.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chad
"You underestimate my powers!!!"

-Anakin Skywalker, moments before jumping and having three of his extremities hacked off by a lightsaber...

lodilefty

Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi. Sorry you're having problems.

I assume you are referring to Military Options, using EP to purchase ships:

For ships to arrive
For Lake Champlain, you must control Plattsburg
For Lake Ontario, you must control Oswego
For Lake Erie, you must control Presque Isle.
Privateers arrive at a random "major" Atlantic cost port

Also, it may sound silly of me, but be sure you have the required EP. You can "select" an option with any number of EP in hand, but it will be ignored if you lack the quantity...

If this does not help, please zip your saved game sub-folder for this game and uplaod it here....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Siekster
Sergeant

Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:42 pm

I am not the game host, so all I could send you would be the ORD file... is that sufficient, or do I need to get the game host (CristoFire-Ice) to send the folder?

I lost Plattsburgh(drat!) so that explains why my Lake Champlain reinforcements did not arrive. However, I do own Oswego, so I should have gotten my Ontario reinforcements. I have requested the Privateers twice, and they definitely have not arrived. I have accumulated 39 Engagements points, as it is not deducting when I make the request, so I know I have enough EPs.

Let me know if my ORD file will be sufficient, or if you need the hosts folder.... the fate of the newborn Democratic Republic is at stake!!! :mdr:

-Anakin Skywalker, moments before jumping and having three of his extremities hacked off by a lightsaber...

lodilefty

Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:46 pm

We'll need the entire save, so ask your host to post it...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Siekster
Sergeant

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:48 pm

Here are the last 2 turns.....
Attachments
Backup 1812 Siek_vs_Cris.rar
(2.31 MiB) Downloaded 254 times

lodilefty

Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:37 am

:confused:

I have no problem buying Erie and Ontario flotillas, same turn.... :confused:

Are you both using 1.02c? Particularly the one hosting?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Siekster
Sergeant

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Hmm... strange. Yes, we both confirmed with each other that we had upgraded to 1.02c. So you bought them and they arrived the next turn?? Interesting.....

Well, i'll give it another go I guess. Thanks very much for the time you put into it.

Siekster
Sergeant

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:37 am

OK, I have played a couple more turns, and I am getting my flotillas now, but after 4 turns in a row, I am still not getting Privateer reinforcements..... any thoughts?

lodilefty

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Siekster wrote:OK, I have played a couple more turns, and I am getting my flotillas now, but after 4 turns in a row, I am still not getting Privateer reinforcements..... any thoughts?

You must own at least one port from the list:
New York, Philadelphia, Wilmington NC, Charleston or Savannah.

But I'd guess you have at least one, or you wouldn't have enough EP ;)

Hmm. I guess you'd better upload another saved game. Last two turns will be enough.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Siekster
Sergeant

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:08 pm

The earlier 2 turns that are posted had the same issue. You mentioned that you were able to get the flotillas, but were you able to get the privateers?

I do at this time own all those ports. I have spotted an ugly looking British invasion fleet near Washington though.....

lodilefty

Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:01 pm

Argh!
Technical answer: I moved Privateers to the Diplomatic options in a patch [1.02b I think], and didn't properly deal with saved game situations.

Try the attached:
Extract into your Wars in America\WIA\Events folder.....

Sorry :o
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Siekster
Sergeant

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:45 pm

Excellent!! Thanks for your help!! I will try it on the next turn and let you know how it goes.

Siekster
Sergeant

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:12 pm

Just following up. The options file worked great when the host player copied it to the Events folder. I have got my privateers!!

Thanks for the time you put into helping out with this.

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”