ChuckB
Private

WIA crashes every time

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:08 pm

Hi,

I have WIA installed on my laptop and I have played the 1776 Carolinas scenarios several times with the latest patch installed and every time the game crashed after about 6-8 turns, which did not happen before 1.01f.

The last lines of the log read:
"2:47:48 PM [Critical ] TScriptEngine.Parse Exception caught: Impossible de créer le fichier "C:\Program Files\WIA\WIA\Scripts\ScriptPostParse.txt". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process while parsing line 337 :
2:47:48 PM (Reporting) 1776 Carolinas Scenario 'Frustration 1776, February (T: 2114) loaded"

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot!

PhilThib

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:09 pm

We'll check this right away tomorrow. Sorry for the delay :confused:

ChuckB
Private

Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Any luck in finding the problem, or, even better, a solution? ;)

Thanks!

heckler_rider
Corporal

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:16 pm

I am getting the same problem here....crashing after 5 or 6 turns every time while playing.

I can start the game again (immediatley) and resume the same game (right at the point it crashed), when I run the turn it palys OK for a few more then crashes again. Keeps happening over and over (reboot or not does not matter).

Using most current update

6:52:27 PM [Critical ] TGroup.AddGroup Exception caught: 1001664 Hamilton's Army Violation d'accès à l'adresse 00401E1F dans le module 'WIA.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000000
Rider....watch out for that droppppppp

Hok
General

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 am

This bug is reproducible ? i.e when you manipulate Hamilton's force, what is happening exactly?

heckler_rider
Corporal

Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:36 pm

this bug was happening more than just with hamiltons force

it was happening every 5 or 6 turns when I would press the button to run the turn

I could restart and load the save and it would run fine for 5 or 6 turns before it happened again

let me do this...I will play the game after work and post the error logs each time it crashes - I'll go for three crashes

I will also keep the saves in case you need those, although I dont think the error is in the saved game, as I mentioned I can reload the game at the point and it runs fine for 5 or 6 turns

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:07 pm

I have the same problem w/ crashes also, i.e., 6-8 turns and sometimes longer. I have latest updates and sent in saves, etc. w/ no apparent fix to the problem. Love the game but became very frustrating reloading to continue :( .

Hok
General

Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:22 pm

The main problem is to reproduce the bug .. even with a save :confused:

Courage Gentilhommes !

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Hok wrote:The main problem is to reproduce the bug .. even with a save :confused:

Courage Gentilhommes !

Understand the problems in tracking down bugs ;) ...my frustration is because BOA and AACW (and numerous other games) are basically stable for me and for some reason WIA is not.

Pocus

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:11 pm

So this would point to some kind of game logic which is special to WIA, like events or a game rule.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

heckler_rider
Corporal

Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:06 am

Pocus wrote:So this would point to some kind of game logic which is special to WIA, like events or a game rule.

Would concur...have no problem running AACW or NCP..

I dont think its a specific event or action. After each crash I can reload the exact same save and run the turn I crashed on (not changing anything) and the game runs fine for another 5 or 6 turns.

Sorry I did not have a chance to generate 3 errors (worked late)

lodilefty

Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:55 am

I used to get these kind of problems with my old PC. [old graphics, limited RAM]

I suggest a quick look at your system specs [and DxDiag].

Vista or XP?
Latest DirectX installed?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:05 pm

lodilefty wrote:I used to get these kind of problems with my old PC. [old graphics, limited RAM]

I suggest a quick look at your system specs [and DxDiag].

Vista or XP?
Latest DirectX installed?

I recognize the issues w/ old hardware/software/drivers. My system is "old" (AMD 3000XP, 1 gig of ram, 6800 nvidia card, XP OS) but it runs all my games (AGEod, Matrix, HPS, etc.) w/o any problems w/ exception of WIA. My workaround has been to reload WIA after a crash and continue on w/ the game. What I don't understand is why BOA and AACW run fine but WIA consistently crashes :confused:

lodilefty

Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:31 pm

oldspec4 wrote:I recognize the issues w/ old hardware/software/drivers. My system is "old" (AMD 3000XP, 1 gig of ram, 6800 nvidia card, XP OS) but it runs all my games (AGEod, Matrix, HPS, etc.) w/o any problems w/ exception of WIA. My workaround has been to reload WIA after a crash and continue on w/ the game. What I don't understand is why BOA and AACW run fine but WIA consistently crashes :confused:

Have you updated DirectX lately?
We had a few issues in beta with it...

Be sure you have DirectX 9 from this source:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”