oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Recurring Crashes

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:33 am

I am having recurring crashes during all games played to date :p leure: . After reload the game continues until the next crash occurring almost every following turn. I did not have any problems w/ BOA but have noticed some crashes late in an ACW game. Attached are the latest save and log file.

[ATTACH]3664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3665[/ATTACH]
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Backup1.zip
(746.82 KiB) Downloaded 249 times

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:49 pm

I am still having CTDs with the 1755 campaign as the British. :grr: Any ideas here? Log file is attached.
Attachments

lodilefty

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:12 pm

oldspec4 wrote:I am still having CTDs with the 1755 campaign as the British. :grr: Any ideas here? Log file is attached.

Could you upload the scriptreport.txt also [in \Scripts]

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Here it is sir..
Attachments

lodilefty

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:55 pm

Ratz, nothing obvious :(

OK, please zip and upload your Saved Game. To keep size down, just the current turn and the one backup immediately previous..

Hang in there, we'll figure this out... :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Attached saves as requested. FYI, I've moved on a few turns so the last couple of saves may not represent the problem. Generally, I may go 8 turns w/o a crash and reloading to run turn works. Just frustrating to have to reload. Thx.
Attachments
Backup2.zip
(848.22 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Backup1.zip
(845.15 KiB) Downloaded 260 times

lodilefty

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:18 pm

oldspec4 wrote:Attached saves as requested. FYI, I've moved on a few turns so the last couple of saves may not represent the problem. Generally, I may go 8 turns w/o a crash and reloading to run turn works. Just frustrating to have to reload. Thx.

Aha! That kind of CTD is almost always Graphics driver, or drive space, or RAM, and such...

That's beyond my meager skills to help, sorry :(

Just be sure to 'send the file' to AGEOD per the popup when this happens...

I get this issue at times, too. I'm running an older laptop, and the Graphics board went 'out of support' in 2006... :(

Hang in there, and thanks for your patience....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:40 pm

I don't recall recently getting the popup to send to AGEOD, just a message that the program is shutting down. I did originally get the popup a few weeks ago and responded "oui". Response back was that the problem was resolved w/ the latest patch (I am running latest patch w/ your hotfixes ;) ). I am running an older AMD 3000 xp desktop, one gig of ram, and a vanilla 6800 graphics card but have not had any problems w/ other games.

lodilefty

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:45 pm

oldspec4 wrote:I don't recall recently getting the popup to send to AGEOD, just a message that the program is shutting down. I did originally get the popup a few weeks ago and responded "oui". Response back was that the problem was resolved w/ the latest patch (I am running latest patch w/ your hotfixes ;) ). I am running an older AMD 3000 xp desktop, one gig of ram, and a vanilla 6800 graphics card but have not had any problems w/ other games.

wierd re: send bug report. I hope there's not a bug in the bug reporter. :nuts:

Your PC sounds a lot like mine. the AMD/ATI graphics don't have 'recent' drivers, and 1GB RAM is marginal with XP... sure hope you're not using Vista :(

Edit: how full is your Hard Drive? 1GB RAM may force WIA to use 'virtual memory'

Maybe we both need to write to Santa Claus :siffle: :niark:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:11 pm

Still runnin' Windows XP, hard drive has lots of free space and defragged, my nvidia drivers are not the latest primarily because I'm not running the latest hardware. I may be wrong re: the bug reporter but I have been specifically looking for the message to send file to AGEOD :tournepas .

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:01 pm

lodilefty,

FYI, attached is a screen of my latest ( a few minutes ago) crash. :confused:
Attachments
crash.zip
(856.89 KiB) Downloaded 262 times

Primasprit

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi oldspec4,

do you get any error message when the game crash? The log file does not indicate any problem with the game, so the crash might have another reason.

Cheers
Norbert

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Primasprit wrote:Hi oldspec4,

do you get any error message when the game crash? The log file does not indicate any problem with the game, so the crash might have another reason.

Cheers
Norbert

No..I don't get any other messages. I have attached the latest crash log file and saved game. If nothing there, my next step will be to try the latest nvidia drivers but as I noted before, I haven't had any problems w/ other games.
Attachments
Backup2.zip
(845.15 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Backup1.zip
(845.12 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

lodilefty

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:50 pm

oldspec4 wrote:No..I don't get any other messages. I have attached the latest crash log file and saved game. If nothing there, my next step will be to try the latest nvidia drivers but as I noted before, I haven't had any problems w/ other games.

You may also look for Omega drivers, as they seem to work better for me ;)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:23 pm

Hi oldspec, you might want to try running a small prog called "Memtest", from
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/
It sorted out my problems, crash every end turn etc, turned out to be dodgy memory.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Hi oldspec, you might want to try running a small prog called "Memtest", from
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/
It sorted out my problems, crash every end turn etc, turned out to be dodgy memory.

Thx Ebbingford for the input. Can I ask if you were having crashes in general or only when playing WIA? I have beaucoup games from Matrix and BOA/ACW from AGEOD and WIA is the only one that consistently crashes on me. I have thought about upgrading my video drivers (nvidia 84.21) but I don't want to do for one issue re: only one game.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:54 am

Well, I decided to check the "error logging" box under the system options. Figured it was worth a try to record possible errors. I have now played 12+ turns with NO crashes! Coincidence??

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:11 am

I played last 26 turns without any crashes after I started using error logging :)

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”