lodilefty

WIA {public beta} Patch 1.10b RC1 = September 9, 2012

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Once it becomes official, this may well be the last patch, at least for quite a long time!

Wars in America Update 1.10b
Public Beta RC1
September 9, 2012

This patch is comprehensive, containing all changes since the original release of WIA [version 1.00b]

• Game Engine [updated to version 120904]
    • You can now disembark troops from a fleet trapped in ice.
    • Cavalry will no longer assault Forts, even if breached
    • Siege improvements [supplementing rules added in version 1.08]
      • Besieged forces will now take attrition hits every turn, in proportion of their number and how the siege roll went (anti over-crowding rule).
      • If too many breaches accumulated, then a surrender roll is always possible (whatever the presence of a depot, super elite troops, etc.)
      • Each breach will make the besieged consume an extra 5% of his normal supply usage. The purpose of this rule is that by upping the supply usage, you'll have more chances to have your supply depleted enough so that the depot (or supply wagon) can't provide its 'surrender protection' to the besieged force. For the rationale, just consider that the breaches are also making depots and stocks explode or be wasted, as you get shelled pretty heavily, etc...
      • Fixed a bug where a lone sneaky leader could prevent a siege to happen, even if siege indicator was correctly shown
    • A retreating army can now split static units (abandon them) to escape better
    • If an attack is called off without routing (aka AutoRetreat), the attacking forces will revert to defensive posture but won’t retreat in another region.
    • A too low cohesion can make a stack call off an assault, aggressive leaders will have a tendency to force the troops though.
    • Added Overcrowding rule:
      • The overcrowding rule exists to penalize (rather substantially) forces that are too numerous to defend adequately in-cityscape structures (mostly cities and forts). As with other rules, the engine is not prohibiting in 'a hard way' troops to be stationed en masse in a given structure, as it would pose very large problems to handle for the interface, then the AI. Instead, it follows the philosophy of 'you can do it, but that's not optimal'...
      • See Wiki article at: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Overcrowding_Rule
    • Exported several additional Game parameters [see \Settings .opt files]
  • Events
    • 1755 Campaign [original and COL variant]
      • The Spanish transport at Penacola now unlocks when Spain enters the war
  • Graphics, Text, Models and Units:
    • Includes all Models, Units and Graphics for King Philip's War mod
    • Changed all Leaders with “Entrencher” ability to have “Defensive Engineer”
    • Spansh Naval units now all have 0 Command Cost
    • Latest version of LocalStrings__AGE.csv included
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

picaron

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Save compatible ???

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

lodilefty

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:43 pm

picaron wrote:Save compatible ???

Yes, it should be OK
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

picaron

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Scaramouche
Private

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks for this work, lodilefty !

Calixto
Conscript

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:05 am

Excuse me, if i have the original DVD, i only have to install this patch (1.10b) and nothing else? Thanks.

Hobbes

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:21 am

Calixto wrote:Excuse me, if i have the original DVD, i only have to install this patch (1.10b) and nothing else? Thanks.

That's correct Calixto.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:10 pm

I see no change with the leaders who have "Entrencher" hability.

:thumbsup:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

lodilefty

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 pm

FENRIS wrote:I see no change with the leaders who have "Entrencher" hability.

??? Mine is OK!

Either your patch wen't to wrong location

or

You are not looking closely! Entrencher and Defensive Engineer use the same icon! Check the tooltip! Very small change in text!
Def Eng is for the stack, Entrenched is for the unit!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Paul Roberts

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks for all your hard work, Lodilefty!

Calixto
Conscript

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:23 am

Thanks a lot Hobbes, by the way, what would you recomend? Installing this beta patch or the previous one? (However, I don't know where I can get the previous one). Regards.

Hobbes

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:28 am

I'm testing the beta at the moment Calixto and have not seen any problems so far so I would give it a try.

Cheers,
Chris

Hobbes

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:31 am

Hi Pocus/Lodi for overcrowding do the different structure allowances stack? So if I have a lvl 1 fort with a lvl 1 depot I get an allowance of 35 elements? A lvl 1 fort in a lvl 1 city 35? Do leader and supply elements count toward the total number of elements?

Cheers,
Chris

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:43 pm

lodilefty wrote:??? Mine is OK!

Either your patch wen't to wrong location

or

You are not looking closely! Entrencher and Defensive Engineer use the same icon! Check the tooltip! Very small change in text!
Def Eng is for the stack, Entrenched is for the unit!

just tell about expert in defense : 10 % bonus fire for units entrenched ? the same as 1.10a.

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

lodilefty

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:17 pm

FENRIS wrote:just tell about expert in defense : 10 % bonus fire for units entrenched ? the same as 1.10a.

Correct! But the ability applies to the entire group, vs. the Entrencher applies only to a single unit!

WAD
[CENTER][/CENTER]

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:47 pm

lodilefty wrote:Correct! But the ability applies to the entire group, vs. the Entrencher applies only to a single unit!

WAD

That's all ?? it's ok ? :p leure: I was expecting a greater bonus ! :laugh: no, seriously, thanks for the answer.

[/I]

lodilefty

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Hobbes wrote:Hi Pocus/Lodi for overcrowding do the different structure allowances stack? So if I have a lvl 1 fort with a lvl 1 depot I get an allowance of 35 elements? A lvl 1 fort in a lvl 1 city 35? Do leader and supply elements count toward the total number of elements?

Cheers,
Chris

Quoth The Master:
This is the fort that gives in priority the overcrowding allowance, then if no fort the city, then the depot... So yes, a fort in a city will allow less troops than a city without fort... I think this is wadesque for me :-)

Stay tuned for part 2: What elements count toward crowding?

My opinion: all should!
well, maybe not all leaders, but just those with a large group of followers [aka Fremont in ACW!] :blink:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Hobbes

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:36 pm

If I build a small fort in a large city I could get quite a few problems with overcrowding it seems (KWW Quebec for example).

I can't see many problems in my scenarios with overcrowding - mainly Forts Pitt/Detroit in Pontiac and Quebec in King Williams War.
As the elements in these scenarios repesent only 1/4 the number of men in other scenarios the requirements are quite harsh though
(+ the indians are not bombarding the structures with cannon!)

I would hope leaders and supply are not included.

Cheers,
Chris

lodilefty

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Hobbes wrote:If I build a small fort in a large city I could get quite a few problems with overcrowding it seems (KWW Quebec for example).

I can't see many problems in my scenarios with overcrowding - mainly Forts Pitt/Detroit in Pontiac and Quebec in King Williams War.
As the elements in these scenarios repesent only 1/4 the number of men in other scenarios the requirements are quite harsh though
(+ the indians are not bombarding the structures with cannon!)

I would hope leaders and supply are not included.

Cheers,
Chris

The Master says "for now, everything counts."
Leaders, supply types, service types are counted.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Hobbes

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:10 pm

lodilefty wrote:The Master says "for now, everything counts."
Leaders, supply types, service types are counted.

:( Even merchandise? At least he says 'for now'. :)
Does it make any sense that supply can take up a large number of the allowed elements and actually make the defense of a region more difficult?
And if this supply is converted into a depot it doesn't? Is there any logic with that? And leaders also can have a negative impact if their numbers take the
defenders over the element threshold - especially the way the AI likes to stack them :blink:

Cheers,
Chris

lodilefty

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:11 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”