Narwhal

Minor bugs in the "King Louis is delighted" campaign

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:39 am

Well, another not so much played campaign.
Three fairly easy to solve bugs so far. I don't have screenshoot for them

- In february 1757, I have the message "General Abercromby and many English regiments arrive in the new world". Fact is : James Abercromby is in the new world since late 1756, and I don't see any other Abercromby around. There is a huge number of troops (IIRC 6*4 = 24 elements) that arrive in Halifax, but they are not commanded, so I have a leadership problem to attack Louisbourg. I thing I remember that they had a leader in the "normal" scenario. That "second part" of the bug must be WAD.

- In august 1757, I have the (red) message "Sir Francis Holburne calls in Halifax". Problem is : Sir Francis Holburne actually calls in Boston. Halifax is still under my control.

- Finally, this one is awkard but still a bug, I have the message "Daniel Webb" has been congratulated and is now promotable message, only the name of the guy is Horace Webb, not Daniel.

That's all... for now.

Narwhal

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:37 am

Last turn bug - I believe this one is not due to the campaign but more to the engine.

I think the SC will be enough to explain the bug

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit : I finished. That was a great game. AI France took Oswego 3 turns before the end, and retook Dusquene on the last turn, denying me a total victory since I had Quebec, Montréal, Louisbourg and Frontenac held and well held.

lodilefty

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:31 am

Narwhal wrote:Last turn bug - I believe this one is not due to the campaign but more to the engine.

I think the SC will be enough to explain the bug

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit : I finished. That was a great game. AI France took Oswego 3 turns before the end, and retook Dusquene on the last turn, denying me a total victory since I had Quebec, Montréal, Louisbourg and Frontenac held and well held.

Please post the saved game showing the "boat bug". Need the turn it appears there, plus 1 turn previous :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Narwhal

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:42 am

This is one turn after the bug appeared, but with enough archives to come back to when it appeared, and even 1 turn before.
Attachments
1756 Montcalm_RoiLouis0.rar
(866.89 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

lodilefty

Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Narwhal wrote:This is one turn after the bug appeared, but with enough archives to come back to when it appeared, and even 1 turn before.

Thanks! Script error, from the early days! Fixed for next release! :thumbsup:

Fixes for the message texts you describe above may have to wait until after release of RUS. They are all a result of the events being modified (improved we think ;) ), but the text not updated :o
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Narwhal

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm

I switched side to see the bugs with the French :

1757, April, got the following string of messages

French Reinforcement in the West Indies of course, no reinforcement there
The Unit 2ième B Angoumois has been destroyed by lack of transport in the West Indies
The Unit 1ière B Angoumois has been destroyed by lack of transport in Nouvelles Orléans.

lodilefty

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Narwhal wrote:I switched side to see the bugs with the French :

1757, April, got the following string of messages

French Reinforcement in the West Indies of course, no reinforcement there
The Unit 2ième B Angoumois has been destroyed by lack of transport in the West Indies
The Unit 1ière B Angoumois has been destroyed by lack of transport in Nouvelles Orléans.

Saved game needed, please. Turn of these messages, plus previous turn
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:58 pm

lodilefty wrote:Saved game needed, please. Turn of these messages, plus previous turn

No need for save. I'm able to recreate this.

Fixed for next patch update. The event that brings these units in should not be part of the 56Montcalm scenarios! Moved to the campaign.

Techspeak: the units tried to arrive in a "Blockstate = 2" region. The engine tries to move them to a valid location 3 or less regions away. If it cannot, the units are destroyed with the "lack of transport" message.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”