lodilefty

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Baris wrote:I have posted in the replacement post in forum but British Grenadiers not only showing as line inf. and also they are using Line infantry replacements for replenishing missing elements instead of Elit. (colonial campaign)

WAD
Only Guards and Highlanders are Elite for British

Unit panel of English Gorham rangers are shown as light infantry(skirmisher)symbol , but they are shown as irregular units in ledger Im not sure about their replacement type.

WAD
Colonial, Tory and Canadian Light Infantry are Irregulars to differentiate them from the "Regular Army" Light Infantry.

I uploaded a save file about Forbes's army Great Britain (ai) winter Quartering desicion in replacement post. They were out of supply even they can build up to 2 levels of Depot, for a total of level 3.

Cheers,

[ATTACH]12242[/ATTACH]

Haven't had chance to look yet.

Redundant posts are not really necessary.

Patience is.... :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Baris wrote:<snip>
I uploaded a save file about Forbes's army Great Britain (ai) winter Quartering desicion in replacement post. They were out of supply even they can build up to 2 levels of Depot, for a total of level 3.

Cheers,

[ATTACH]12242[/ATTACH]

The AI appears to leave Forbes Army in place because he is at a high-value Objective (Crown Point) with a strong threat nearby (MontCalm adjacent at Winookski). This is good logic

The AI log also shows that that the AI thinks it can resupply at Crown Point, and this is not a goodd thing. AI logic needs to be examined to see why resupply is deemed possible.

It will still be a commanders dilemma: "Can I last through the winter here to protect a critical objective? How much of my Army will be destroyed by a Winter March to gain supply?"

Also, AFAIK, the AI is not very good at building Depots. Seems to need logic to at least build a depot at an Objective or Strategic City...

[color="Red"][SIZE="4"]Hocus Pocus [/size][/color]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Thank you Lodilefly :)

And sorry to waste your time and my own time for posting unnecessary...

I thought some nato symbols were incorrect because there was darker line(square, line infantry) to represent elit soldier as it was in ROP. Also Skirmisher symbol "L" not represented in the ledger even unit(I didnt remember the name) has that skirmisher symbol. But maybe these are graphical issues or WAD. My first thought was they can get replaced with wrong replacement type.

Other than that good to see replacements and unit type is WAD. Manual is excellent and thanks for your work, only maybe there must be some pictures and unit descriptions added. It will prevent unnecessary posts...
Not by you only maybe from other players who are experienced about the game.

About the AI behaviour I think to a some point it is plausible. I did'nt have a skirmish with Forbe's army and they were winter Quartering when necessary(Even my force was in that region). But after some big battles he decided to stay because I started attacking frequently(maybe there is a paramater about that :) ) But what I didnt understand why he didn't build a supply depot at least level 1(he can build level 2 too) he was around 20% supply and ammunition left.

Thanks for answers and regards,

Pocus

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:44 pm

About the AI & depot building, that's a pity really it is not working as on paper, because there are some significant code on that... That's why in the end I wanted to do switch to a more abstracted 'ai helper' way.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Pocus wrote:About the AI & depot building, that's a pity really it is not working as on paper, because there are some significant code on that... That's why in the end I wanted to do switch to a more abstracted 'ai helper' way.

Do you want me to write events? ;)

Easy to do for specific locations. Need some scripting codes to do generically..... :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:31 am

In Colonial Campaign as GB towards late game..

Ai merging units well and try to play rationally and cautiously. When a chance rise she attacks well. But it is not valid about indian allies, she can not merge units well(even they are nearby) and with Auto-garrison feature 90 % of indian raids are defeated in my game. Maybe it is too powerfull for indians raids.

Pocus

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 am

Having depots appears per script would be a good start, and in the end I plan to have the AI build (by code) depots, but with relaxed rules.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:31 pm

WIA is now at Release Candidate 4

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.08rc4.zip

==============================================================================
BOA2 : War in America patch 1.08
August 26, 2010
==============================================================================

Major Changes:
* You no longer assault structures if you are still moving, you only assault them if you have stopped moving (the region of the structure is your destination or you don't move at all) UNLESS your ROE is also 'all out attack'. Both the assault posture and ROE tooltips have been updated to explain that to the player.
This is to prevent serious problems for the AI... This has been observed in several of the AGE games with unexpected assaults from the AI... She wants to assault region X, but in the end it happens she will before assault region Y and more often than not: ... bloodbath...
* AutoGarrison is now using Advanced version (see AGE Wiki: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/The_Auto-garrison_feature ).

Additions/Fixes
* Corrected txt desccription for "Master Logistician" to state he must command the stack to be effective.
* Added Siege parameter sieSurrenderModEndangered.

Graphics
* Changed the flags appearing in Battle Report for ING, INF and COL factions
* MiniMap color for INDian Faction changed to be more visible.
* Corrected positions of text in "Newspaper" message display.

Engine
* Added new Faction Select front end
* Added scripting enhamcement: Turns Fixed when creating a new group can also be expressed as "Unfix Date" with format YYYY/MM/DD (text)
* Siege logic updated as in RoP 1.02

AI
* Added "fitness" parameters to settings
* the AI now considers the % of light elements (raiders, cavalry) when checking for assaults against a structure, and not just the ratio of power between the defenders and the assaulting force.

Modding
* Creation of Models.cached enabled, to speed up game load

Map
* Increased tavel time by ships to Hudson Bay (Beware: it will be a very long trip in harsh weather!)

1755 Campaign, 1756 Moncalm, 1759 Annus Mirablis and equivalent COL variants
* Added notification message for GBR Crown Point bateaux build event in 1758-59
* Corrected model reference for all "Battoemen build Bateaux" events
* Improved "Native Alliance" Option for both sides. Option now restricted to search and unlock only fixed units.

1755 Campaign COL variant
* Activated Advanced AutoGarrison for FRA and GBR in Cities, Settlements and Stockades
* Many "frontier" Cities and Forts converted to Stockades and Settlements
* Harbor added at Oriskany (head of navigable waters)
* Some small cities on "frontier" eliminated if there is also a Fort or Stockade co-located.
* Improved "Native Alliance" Option for both sides. Option now restricted to search and unlock only fixed units.

1775/1776 Campaigns
* Corrected messages to GBR when USA options for Extended Milita Service are taken (1775/76 Campaigns)
* Corrected duplicate "Sphynx" GBR ship unit (1775/76 Campaigns)
* Improved "Native Alliance" Option for GBR. Option now restricted to search and unlock only fixed units.

1791 Fallen Timbers
* Activated Advanced AutoGarrison for USA in Settlements and Stockades

1812 Campaign
* Fixed date-syntax error in "Exile" flavor event
* Fixed appearance of Jackson's Army at New Oleans (wasn't happening if the GBR was AI controlled)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks for the patch.
Colonial Campaign as British.

But the issue about Fort Rupert remains. In game log it says British defeated but still looks as in british control. During turn processing it craches again.

[ATTACH]12343[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12344[/ATTACH]
Attachments
pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg
test.rar
(248.79 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Backup1.rar
(256.09 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

lodilefty

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Baris wrote:Thanks for the patch.
Colonial Campaign as British.

But the issue about Fort Rupert remains. In game log it says British defeated but still looks as in british control. During turn processing it craches again.

[ATTACH]12343[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12344[/ATTACH]

Erf! I confirm a rather nasty CTD. :(

It appears that prevous turn GBR defenders were destroyed in Fort Rupert by an all Raider force, generating the "you lost Fort Rupert". But you really only lost the defending force, as Raiders cannot capture a City.....

Then, when executing the current turn, the City regenerates an AutoGarrison force, which the Raiders attack again. CTD then occurs, possibly because the game has an internal conflict about who owns what.... :bonk: :wacko: :blink:

This one is for the Master..... :D
[color="Red"][SIZE="5"]Hocus Pocus[/size][/color]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanks Lodilefty,

I get the "hint" last time about the error but couldnt find the answer :tournepas :)

Better wait for the Master to prepare the healing potion. :love:

Pocus

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Let me find some herbs and brew a new one soon then :)

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Missing towns in assault

Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi , Im playing 1755 colonial version as English.
I've seen that many times when a city is assault, the city is missing later .
Is as if they were considered as a FORT that it destroyed.
For Example Quebec is Missing , now its Fort Quebec, the city picture its dissapear. :blink:
It's normal?
Best regards

lodilefty

Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:41 pm

LUDOPEREZ wrote:Hi , Im playing 1755 colonial version as English.
I've seen that many times when a city is assault, the city is missing later .
Is as if they were considered as a FORT that it destroyed.
For Example Quebec is Missing , now its Fort Quebec, the city picture its dissapear. :blink:
It's normal?
Best regards

Please post your saved game so we can look at this.
Current turn (where Quebec is 'missing') and the immediately preceding turn (\Backup1)

Thank you.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

El Nino

The head of Endecott

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:36 am

Hi,

I have found the head of governor Endecott (Pequot's War).
If somebody want to integrate that on the leader unit in the game ?
Attachments
Endecott.jpg

LUDOPEREZ
Major

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:10 pm

lodilefty wrote:Please post your saved game so we can look at this.
Current turn (where Quebec is 'missing') and the immediately preceding turn (\Backup1)

Thank you.

Hi Lodlefty, here the save games folder, is the same case but with the city of Montreal.
See that Quebec is dissapear also. :confused:
Best regards
Attachments
1755 Campaign_COL0.rar
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 136 times

lodilefty

Major bugge!!!

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 pm

LUDOPEREZ wrote:Hi Lodlefty, here the save games folder, is the same case but with the city of Montreal.
See that Quebec is dissapear also. :confused:
Best regards

Wow! This is a really strange bug! I confirm what you see! :blink:
This is one for The Master to fix!

[color="Red"][SIZE="5"]Hocus Pocus[/size][/color]
(Restore previous turn, then execute: City of Montreal vanishes!!!!)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pocus

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:52 pm

I'll check that as soon as possible...

Pocus

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:30 pm

lodilefty wrote:Wow! This is a really strange bug! I confirm what you see! :blink:
This is one for The Master to fix!

Hocus Pocus
(Restore previous turn, then execute: City of Montreal vanishes!!!!)

One word, Noble New Yorker, GarrisonLossChanceDestroy ! :neener:

lodilefty

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Pocus wrote:One word, Noble New Yorker, GarrisonLossChanceDestroy ! :neener:

Argh! I thought that param was the probability that the Garrison unit gets destroyed!!!! :bonk: :o

...but since the garrison must be destroyed to invoke the % chance, I guess I didn't think it through!!!!! :bonk: :blink:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pocus

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Here is the new release candidate:

lodilefty

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Pocus wrote:Here is the new release candidate:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.08rc5.zip

There is a DB issue with the automatic naming of stacks with/without leaders.Fix in process... :blink:

There is a 'wierdness' withh Autogarrisons in structures assaulted by Raiders only. Affects only 1755 COL variant, and Fallen Timbers scenario... :wacko:

Please playtest anyway, as it doesn't really affect gameplay....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Hobbes

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Pocus wrote:Here is the new release candidate:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.08rc5.zip

Hi folks, I assume this doesn't include any fixes for the < 3-1 assaults or
command rating being shown for combined units instead of the unit name?

Narwhal noticed a related problem with combined units - the leader graphic seems to change after promotion :-

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=186894#post186894

Cheers, Chris

lodilefty

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Hobbes wrote:Hi folks, I assume this doesn't include any fixes for the < 3-1 assaults or
command rating being shown for combined units instead of the unit name?

Narwhal noticed a related problem with combined units - the leader graphic seems to change after promotion :-

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=186894#post186894

Cheers, Chris

Command Rating display seems fixed to me. Sometimes we don't put that kindof fix in the release notes (where a bug appears in one RC of a new patch, and gets fixed for final RC)

I still haven't seen any issues with the "3-1" AI behavior in my testing, so that one belongs to Pocus.

Will look at leader graphic issue.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:13 am

Yeah, it does look a little odd to see "Monckton's Army" or "Shirley's Brigade" now being called "Expeditionary Force" or simply "Brigade". Yuck! "Expeditionary Force" sounds too modern, but very British, though. ;)

To enraged local townsfolk: "No sir, it is not an invasion. It is an expedition." :cool:

lodilefty

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:57 pm

KG Erwin wrote:Yeah, it does look a little odd to see "Monckton's Army" or "Shirley's Brigade" now being called "Expeditionary Force" or simply "Brigade". Yuck! "Expeditionary Force" sounds too modern, but very British, though. ;)

To enraged local townsfolk: "No sir, it is not an invasion. It is an expedition." :cool:

We have the fix!

Please re-download the same RC5 link above. Group names fixed! :w00t:

Note: With the ongoing adjustments in the Advanced AutoGarrison, you will now see occasional reduction in level of structures (and destruction of level 1 structures) where an Auto Garrison gets destroyed in combat. Currently only the 1755 Campaign Colonial variant and 1791 Fallen Timbers have this feature enabled.
For more detail on AutoGarrison, see http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/AutoGarrison_Feature
(WIA is now set to use Advanced AG)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Narwhal

Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:04 pm

Is it better for me to play WIA patch 1.08rc5 if I am the kind of dude who likes to point bugs to the team, or should I stay with 1.07b ?

lodilefty

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:19 pm

Narwhal wrote:Is it better for me to play WIA patch 1.08rc5 if I am the kind of dude who likes to point bugs to the team, or should I stay with 1.07b ?

We really like feedback on these public beta patches, so if you are willing, go to it!

Just be sure you clearly specify which scenario you are playing, as I guarantee that none of them are bug-free.... :blink:
:mdr:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pocus

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:03 am

Hobbes, the problem of 3 to 1 assault is that the AI gives the order when the odd is 3 to 1, but when the force arrives, because of fatigue, the odd is lessened.

lodilefty

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Pocus wrote:Hobbes, the problem of 3 to 1 assault is that the AI gives the order when the odd is 3 to 1, but when the force arrives, because of fatigue, the odd is lessened.

Which is realistic! :w00t:

...and so the strategists usually recommend against "move and assault" commands....

...but how well does Athena understand movement attrition and cohesion????? Complex: distance, terrain, weather........ :blink:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”