lodilefty

Help us to help you!

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:56 pm

The beta team is examining 'play balance' for the 1775/76 Campaigns. :D
We need data from players about the 'Marging of Victory' you achieve.

Please, help us by providing your final Victory Point scores for these campaigns.

Please clearly state:
  • Which Campaign [1775 or 1776]
  • USA final VP score
  • GBR final VP score
  • Which side as player? [USA, GBR or PBEM]

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:33 pm

I've mentioned a few times in the past that there should be a thread where people could record their game results; either PBEM or against the AI so we could get an idea as to scenario balance. It's a shame this was never done. I doubt many people will have much memory of the exact score of past games.

Not too late to start a sticky for all AGEOD games where people can record the results of scenarios and leave a few comments about what they thought of the scenario.

Cheers, Chris

squarian
Brigadier General

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Probably obvious enough, but I'm assuming you're interested in games under 1.06.

lodilefty

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:56 pm

squarian wrote:Probably obvious enough, but I'm assuming you're interested in games under 1.06.

Yes. :D

...but 1.05 or later would still give us an idea. ;)

So, please indicate what version :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Under 1.06: '75 campaign, played to Dec 83 though essentially over by the end of '80 when the AI flushed the French army away in a senseless attempt to retake Savannah rather than join forces with Washington.

USA VPs 1141
GB VPs 4031
Playing GB

I adopted a southern strategy from the beginning, methodically re-conquering the colonies from Savannah to Ft. Western. As I've noted elsewhere, under 1.06 the AI is more aggressive than before and launches pinprick raids fairly well, but as with 1.05 it seems to have serious trouble concentrating enough force for a major effort anywhere, and Washington is often misused commanding small detachments while the main rebel force is led by the likes of Greene or Putnam. All in all, and bearing in mind the inevitable weaknesses of all AI, I have to conclude that the AI in BOA2 is inferior to AACW, which seems strange since I gather it's using essentially the same logic.

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:12 pm

squarian wrote:Under 1.06: '75 campaign, played to Dec 83 though essentially over by the end of '80 when the AI flushed the French army away in a senseless attempt to retake Savannah rather than join forces with Washington.

USA VPs 1141
GB VPs 4031
Playing GB

I adopted a southern strategy from the beginning, methodically re-conquering the colonies from Savannah to Ft. Western. As I've noted elsewhere, under 1.06 the AI is more aggressive than before and launches pinprick raids fairly well, but as with 1.05 it seems to have serious trouble concentrating enough force for a major effort anywhere, and Washington is often misused commanding small detachments while the main rebel force is led by the likes of Greene or Putnam. All in all, and bearing in mind the inevitable weaknesses of all AI, I have to conclude that the AI in BOA2 is inferior to AACW, which seems strange since I gather it's using essentially the same logic.

These huge lead in VPs for the player is exactly why I have been advocating a complete revision of how those VPs are earned and distributed EVEN more so to accomodate the weaknesses of the AI.

lodilefty

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:16 pm

TheDeadeye wrote:These huge lead in VPs for the player is exactly why I have been advocating a complete revision of how those VPs are earned and distributed EVEN more so to accomodate the weaknesses of the AI.

That's why this thread: DATA :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

arsan

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:08 am

Hi!

I finally i ended my 1775 campaign as the USA against the AI! :thumbsup:
(normal difficulty and standard options)

I stared in on one of the 1.05 beta versions and ended it with 1.06 + interim updates.

I needed until January 1782 to take Quebec, the last objective or strategic city still in British hands and won the war.
The war was more or less decide since late 1779 when the French started arriving and the British AI trashed its main army on some bad moves that allowed me to take New Your with the Continental army and caused the Brits some heavy whether losses while she looked for a new base to pass the winter.
Until then she did a pretty good. :thumbsup: And from then on she proved at least difficult to defeat completely.

That was the final score
USA (me): 2951 VP
UK (AI) 1427 VP

Certainly it seems that the VP difference is much smaller than when playing against the USA AI (even if i trashed her pretty thoroughly ;) ).
I woudl say the UK has a much easier time
gathering VP than the USA.

Cheers!

squarian
Brigadier General

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:20 pm

Finished!

squarian vs. Bertram PBEM
Whites of their eyes scenario: 1775-83
Ended Sept 1783 by mutual agreement
GBR VPs 3785
US VPs 1785