Paul Roberts

Some misplaced units?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:15 am

I've noticed some American units that seem to be out of place in two scenarios, "We Hold These Truths" (1776) and "Forward from Valley Forge" (1783). I'm aware that some or all of these placements might be WAD: some might be cases of units out on campaign, but some appear to be misplaced garrisons.

I recall seeing something similar in some other scenarios (IIRC Savannah, GA garrison is listed as SC troops), but I haven't had time to look for them.

We Hold These Truths

--Montreal garrison is "2nd Massachusetts" militia

--NJ militia along with NY militia in New York city.

--CT militia along with NY militia in Albany, NY.

--"1st Delaware" militia are across the border in Fairfax, VA

--Two NC militia units are at Norfolk, Virginia with William Woodford

--Washington's army is in Massachusetts but contains a CT militia unit

--Maine militia is with Benedict Arnold in Quebec

Forward from Valley Forge

--"1st Rhode Island" militia in Providence, RI are classed as NY militia

--"2nd New Hampshire" militia is located in a town across the NY border. Skenesboro I think

--"2nd North Carolina" militia are located with Robert Howe in Camden, SC

orca
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:03 am

At the very least the Maine unit outside Quebec in 1776 is right - those are the survivors of Arnold's crazy march across the wilderness to Quebec from Maine. Massachusetts in Montreal seems right too - were you thinking that they should be NY militia?

And of course the army outside Boston in 1776 had lots of contingents from the other colonies, so CT militia there would make sense.

Paul Roberts

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Yeah, I suspect that most of these are WAD. There are just a few cases where the town garrison seems to be drawn from the state across the border.

Tarokaja
Colonel

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Paul Roberts wrote:I've noticed some American units that seem to be out of place in two scenarios, "We Hold These Truths" (1776) and "Forward from Valley Forge" (1783). I'm aware that some or all of these placements might be WAD: some might be cases of units out on campaign, but some appear to be misplaced garrisons.

We Hold These Truths

--Two NC militia units are at Norfolk, Virginia with William Woodford

A north carolinan regiment fought at the battle of Great Bridge with the second Virginia regiment in december 1775 (in fact militia units raised in september or october 1775)

Return to “Help to improve WIA”