TiFlo
Captain

Mixed up Indian leader display

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi,

Playing the FIW grand campaign as the French, with WIA 1.04c.

If forgot their respective names, please excuse my ignorance. When the leader of that "Cherokee party" appears in March 1759, the icon on the map doesn't show the same as that in the unit panel, which I believe is the correct one.

Here is what it looks like:

I attached the two closest saved games.

I haven't seen it mentioned otherwise, so I hope I'm not going over an already known bug :)
Attachments
Saved game.rar
(565.31 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

lodilefty

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:11 pm

Thank you :thumbsup:

Will correct :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:32 pm

You are most welcome :)

While I'm at it, the Irish unit that appears through event I believe in Québec sometime during 1758 poped up duplicated, as well as the supply train unit that comes along. I let this one slip through though so I'll need to check if the saved game backup is still there.

In the saved games I previously posted one should be found somewhere between Montréal and the Lake George, while the other I left at Québec.

I'll check for the saved game later today and will come back with more on that.

TiFlo
Captain

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:04 am

There it is.
The unit appeared in April 1758 at Québec, as "reinforcements from the metropole". Both the Irish unit and the supply train were duplicated.

In the saved game, one pair is left outside Québec, the other is merged with the city's garrison (I might have saved the turn after doing my movements).

Hope this help!
Attachments
Save Irish unit.rar
(276.89 KiB) Downloaded 234 times

lodilefty

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:21 am

TiFlo wrote:There it is.
The unit appeared in April 1758 at Québec, as "reinforcements from the metropole". Both the Irish unit and the supply train were duplicated.

In the saved game, one pair is left outside Québec, the other is merged with the city's garrison (I might have saved the turn after doing my movements).

Hope this help!

Found it, will be corrected.

Thank you. :thumbsup:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Great, thank you!

I have more, so I guess I'll just keep adding to this thread rather than opening a new one for every different problem.

One event (as seen on the screenshot below); the saved game is attached.

And one typo for the French version of the game. I believe "Partie", as in "war party" should be spelled "Parti", as it was "un parti" and not "une partie". Maybe I should post this is the French section of the forum though?

Attachments
éclaireurs.rar
(299.94 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

Carnium

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:51 pm

TiFlo wrote:One event (as seen on the screenshot below); the saved game is attached.

This one is apparently already fixed:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=129278&postcount=16

But there are probably more missing event text,so keep an eye on them ;)

Bruit Bleu

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:13 am

Pendant qu'on y est "Monsieur, nos navires marchands transitant..." sans S. :D
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

TiFlo
Captain

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:19 am

Rooooh ! :D

I was just wondering if someone is in charge of all those little (and inoffensive) typos, and if not what kind of work it requires to do?

lodilefty

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:04 pm

There are [I'm sure] typos in all the language versions.... :blink:

I coordinate the change and help manage the DataBase, but only speak English :o

There is one large text string file, but also several other files with potential issues like this. It takes a patient person to go through them, then go through again because we've changed something else :wacko:

We have a Spanish representative [arsan] and a German representative [dooya], and Hok [Project Manager for WIA & RoP] has always done the French. Perhaps if you send a PM to Hok to discuss your willingness to help?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:34 pm

Tanks lodilefty :)

Pocus told me about LocalStringsWIA.csv. I'm going to take some time to go through it.
As to commit more than that, for now I'll probably wait to see if I'm worth it (ok, I'll drop Hok a PM anyway) :wacko:

lodilefty

Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:48 pm

TiFlo wrote:Tanks lodilefty :)

Pocus told me about LocalStringsWIA.csv. I'm going to take some time to go through it.
As to commit more than that, for now I'll probably wait to see if I'm worth it (ok, I'll drop Hok a PM anyway) :wacko:

It may be better if you get LocalStrings_WIA.xls from the DB [link in my signature below]

Then, you can highlight your changes with colors and send file to Hok or myself.

Direct editing of csv files scares the &%^&%#%^ out of me ;) :wacko:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Ok, will do.

Is there any other file in the DB that has ingame text in it?

EDIT: Should I highlight only the part I edited (ie. the letter or word I changed/added), or the full box?

lodilefty

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:07 am

TiFlo wrote:Ok, will do.

Is there any other file in the DB that has ingame text in it?

EDIT: Should I highlight only the part I edited (ie. the letter or word I changed/added), or the full box?

Hilite either.
I usually hilite the box color...

Other text is scattered throughout. I think it best to wait for Hok to help us find all if it.....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:10 am

Done!!!!

I went for the full boxes.

But wait, how do I attach a file to a PM? Can I do that? I'm trying to send you the revised DB to you and Hok :bonk:

lodilefty

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:14 am

Post it here or send to support@ageod.com

you can't attach to a PM :(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:26 am

Ok, I'll just post it here, as well as a full copy of the intended PM. Which I'll still send so that Hok is aware of this.
And this way everyone can have a say too :)

Call me crazy, the French text files in LocalStrings_WIA_ver104.xls are done :wacko:

Here is what I did:

(All boxes where I changed something are highlighted in yellow. I originally intended to distinguish only the very changes made, but they would not be apparent enough, and they ended up being too many anyway).

Changes mainly consist in:
- punctuation
- capitals (also Added accents where needed, as in "États-Unis d'Amérique")
- typos (missing letters, accents, spellings...)
- replaced most of the "insurgents" by "rebelles". I remember some hot debate on the subject some time ago on the forum (yeah, I'm a nasty lurker). Although I don't mind the term "insurgent", some people were offended by the parallel that could be drawn with nowadays so-called "insurgents". So I just went with "rebel" all the way. If you don't like it, I can revert it back to original.
- replaced "Anglais" by "Britanniques" every time, with the only exception of when the situation involves Indians (they would deal with English, not British). And one or two others where there was sort of that "best enemies of the world" feeling between the French and the Brits in the text. I guess it's a way of retaining some flavour while polishing the overall work. :niark:

I also took the liberty to lighten and/or correct some scenarii descriptions. Don't freak out though, I only remember of 2 or 3 changes, and it was just to make the reading more fluid (one word here and there, no more). No, I didn't go revisionist with your description of history :D :
- It was Jeffery Amherst who captured Louisbourg in 1758, not James Wolfe. He "just" managed the succesful landing of the British forces on Ile Royale. His time would come one year later. So I changed that in the descriptive text(s) of the FIW.
- Braddock was defeated by a joint force of Canadian regulars (troupes de marine), Canadian militia, and Indians at the Monongahela. The original description reads something like "Français et Indiens". I added "Canadiens", and "Français" could probably be removed in that case (I'm not a Québec nationalist either)

I hope this is good enough for you. Let me know what you think.

Hum...
However, I came here at first to correct some typos I discovered (see this thread). None of them I found in that .xls file :blink: Is there another one?
UPDATE (feb09)
- Changed "acres" for "arpents" in the 1755 scenario title (thank you Bruit Bleu)
- Corrected more spelling errors (at least the ones I spotted)
- Removed "Français" from the description of the force that destroyed Braddock's expedition

I added a readme.txt to the updated DB file so that the latest changes are easier to spot.
Attachments
LocalStrings_WIA_ver104_TIFLO2.zip
(639.1 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
LocalStrings_WIA_ver104_TIFLO.zip
(638.53 KiB) Downloaded 2431 times

Primasprit

Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:36 am

TiFlo wrote:Ok, I'll just post it here, as well as a full copy of the intended PM. Which I'll still send so that Hok is aware of this.
And this way everyone can have a say too :)

Thanks much for your help. Image
(Though I speak no French and can't say if you filled the game strings with obscenities instead just correcting them. ;) :wacko :)

Hum...
However, I came here at first to correct some typos I discovered (see this thread). None of them I found in that .xls file :blink: Is there another one?
Yes, another file exist: LocalStrings__AGE. One of the coordinators need to supply you with this one, they should have the most recent version.

Cheers
Norbert :cwboy:

lodilefty

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Primasprit wrote:Thanks much for your help. Image
(Though I speak no French and can't say if you filled the game strings with obscenities instead just correcting them. ;) :wacko :)

Yes, another file exist: LocalStrings__AGE. One of the coordinators need to supply you with this one, they should have the most recent version.

Cheers
Norbert :cwboy:

I don't have an official LocalStrings__AGE. That is maintained [by Pocus I think?] to be same for all games....

Will see about getting it ;)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:45 pm

Thank you both :)

I uploaded a slightly updated version of the file. See my previous post. Also, Hok has acknowledged it, so hopefully if it is approved it should be in a future update.

Bruit Bleu

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Ho ! Merci TiFlo et félicitation pour ton travail rapide et efficace ! :hat:
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

TiFlo
Captain

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:57 am

De rien Bruit Bleu :)
Une équipe qui pond des jeux pareils, qui est aussi disponible et autant à l'écoute de ses clients (et la communauté qui va avec devrais-je ajouter), ça vaut bien un coup de main, aussi infime soit-il.

Return to “Help to improve WIA”