Hobbes

Supply in a Besieged Structure

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:36 am

Hi folks, can anyone explain to what extent supply is lowered for a defending unit in a siege in WiA? Does it just get the supply generated by the structure but no longer the supply generated by the region the structure is in?

What if the structure has a blockaded harbour?

I still get confused by this between AGEOD games.

Cheers, Chris

Pocus

Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:38 pm

You'll get nothing unless the harbor is not blockaded.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:14 pm

So a siege essentially 'starves' those inside and they get eliminated when their 'inherently carried supplies' are gone?

And Harbor must be blockaded for this to happen?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks Philippe, but I'm still confused. I tried this out with a ranger and a colonist unit besiged in a settlement for several turns. Each turn the supply was noted as:-

You have 100% of your food and water capacity. Your current stock is 8 points, your usage is 1 / turn.

This never changes, if no supply is recieved into a besiged structure I assume from this that I should lose 1 point from my supply stock each turn?

Cheers, Chris

Pocus

Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:44 pm

you innate supply stocks remains at 100% because you are drawing for the city stockpile I assume. We are talking of WIA there? There is no stockpile so this is strange.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hobbes

Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Pocus wrote:you innate supply stocks remains at 100% because you are drawing for the city stockpile I assume. We are talking of WIA there? There is no stockpile so this is strange.

Yes WiA. I used Fallen Timbers as a test. I'm hoping to get a very good idea how supply works in order to make the Pontiac scenario playable for both sides but so far I'm still confused.

Cheers, Chris

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 pm

So has this question ever been quieted? :cool:

Return to “Help to improve WIA”