GShock

WiA songs

Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:47 pm

One tune was missing but looking for it, i found many more missing...Ah i wish so much to find the complete versions of these beautiful tunes. Most of you will recognize at once the "modernized" versions which were brought on to the civil war. ;)

http://www.theamericanrevolution.org/songs.asp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPUh0VPLsy8

For the records, the tune i was looking for is bgrenadier. :)

...the search continues...

Edit: Ok i've found enough!!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4RuNuPH3ik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZsnxSc1obE

/me engages Orbit Grab++ feature.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

lodilefty

Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:53 pm

Personally, I miss 'The World turned Upside Down' and 'Johnny has gone for a soldier'

...unless they are included in one of the medleys :innocent:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

GShock

Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:57 pm

There's ultimately no limit to the number of tunes we may grab from youtube...the only problem with implementing them in the game is the sound quality. AGEOD has brought in the usual superquality as per usual quality standards i got used to since AACW.

Now THAT is the only problem, really otherwise i'd done a sound mod the next day for AACW.

Ok now it's time to update the ringtones of my cell phone... :tournepas
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We ain't going down!

Rafiki

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:04 pm

GShock wrote:Now THAT is the only problem, really otherwise i'd done a sound mod the next day for AACW.

Given Youtube's checkered past (and present) when it comes to copyrights and suchlikes, I'd say "rights" would be a fairly specific thing to consider (i.e. potential problem) as well :king:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:05 pm

Free is nice [although I wonder if taking from U-Toob into a commercial product is legal or ethical], but I am adamantly against anything that does not match or exceed the quality of the Old Guard. :gardavou:

...needless to say, piracy is also a non-starter... :mad:

Individual mods and 'how to' are very well documented elsewhere, no need to discuss that here...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

GShock

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Indeed, but i do see it ironic that when something is brought onto youtube nobody complains about the increased visibility (i.e. the movie Glory is entirely on Youtube) but when you put that stuff into something else all sharks (lawyers) will smell blood. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We ain't going down!

Rafiki

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:10 pm

[color="Blue"]This is not the place for any "philisophical discussions" about the challenges and possibilities facing copyright holders at the start of the 21st century. Do feel free to keep on discussing music relating to WIA, though, with that in mind.[/color] :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Pocus

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:45 pm

There are strong possibilities that some new musics are added to WIA in the following weeks. May joy fill your hearts people, no need to quarrels on everything :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:54 pm

I am running the soundtrack for The Last of the Mohicans in the background. I already recommended it in another thread, if you like film music that is. I would be glad to get other recommendations as I don't like the stock music soo much (plz dont flame me).

MarkShot

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Pocus wrote:There are strong possibilities that some new musics are added to WIA in the following weeks. May joy fill your hearts people, no need to quarrels on everything :)

Yes, since Pocus let the "cat out of the bag". I thought this was a surprise! Anyway, I am in talks with the US Army about getting additional Fife & Drum music for WIA. The "Old Guard" is quite busy, but I am sure that when we get it will be well worth the wait. I really love the music we got so far ... very stirring! The music will be studio quality and totally legal as we are under contract with DOD (The Department of Defense).

Pocus

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:53 am

I just showed his tiny head from the bag (and the sentence was conditional somehow), but you gave more details :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

boudi

Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:34 am

GShock wrote:(i.e. the movie Glory is entirely on Youtube)

Not really a pleasure to watch a movie cut 10 minutes by 10 minutes...
Glory part 1,
Glory part 2...
Glory part 12 ???

:sourcil:

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”