JadeKing
Lieutenant

How do you organize forces?

Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:23 pm

How do you organize forces into groups like shown in the attached image? I dont see this option like in ACW or NC, where they were placed into divisions.
Attachments
wia.png
Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.
Dio Chrysostom

lodilefty

Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:27 pm

JadeKing wrote:How do you organize forces into groups like shown in the attached image? I dont see this option like in ACW or NC, where they were placed into divisions.

At this time, they are only created in scenario definition or events.

There is no Division, Corps or Army structure like NCP or AACW. That much 'structure' is considered to be ahistorical.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:42 pm

Ok. Can you give any tips to the best way to organize your forces under these rules? Like if there is any optimal number of artillery to be used in each stack?
Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.

Dio Chrysostom

lodilefty

Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:56 pm

JadeKing wrote:Ok. Can you give any tips to the best way to organize your forces under these rules? Like if there is any optimal number of artillery to be used in each stack?

Section 11 in manual discusses this in general terms.

Personally, I try to keep forces 'in command', and not make them any 'bigger than needed' as there are some interesting effects of poor sanitation possible on large sacks. :siffle:

Beyond that, I assume very similar rules apply, as the game engine is very similar...

The answer lies in the terrain matrix, which is on my list of things to understand better... :(
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:07 am

lodilefty wrote:There is no Division, Corps or Army structure like NCP or AACW. That much 'structure' is considered to be ahistorical.

But what about the combined regiments? You have them in the game, but not in the interface. As these regiments are in the game it means the engine must handle them anyway, so why dont we get a +/- button to form / unform them?

I would at least hope you remove the scenario defined groups, because currently it is very confusing and inconsistent.

All in all I find Boa2 force management at least 1 step back compared to ACW, and I am finding myself already working on "strategies" how to overcome the UI.

GShock

Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:56 pm

The png shows a brigade with its assigned leader.
I don't think a bde could exist without its leader. If leader is killed it should be disbanded and resent to the pool as replacements. I don't think this justifies the need for +/- buttons. What would happen if the bde was destroyed? So should be its leader. Again, no need for buttons.

Personal opinion as usual of course.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”