cobraII
Captain

Is it possible to buy box product instead of just download

Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:12 am

I noticed for all of your other games it has been possible to order the box version of the game, is that option possible for wars in america, or is the only way to download it

cobraII
Captain

Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:32 am

I also just thought of another question what is the minimal amount of ram that can still play the game

Pocus

Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:16 am

No there is no boxed version available as of now. We are still discussing the matter, as it is a big cost for us. (We still have many box of BOA1 which have a strong possibility to remains in our hands forever!).

You can play WIA with 512 Mb of RAM, if you have a decent video card (3 years old eg)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:50 am

Pocus wrote:No there is no boxed version available as of now. We are still discussing the matter, as it is a big cost for us. (We still have many box of BOA1 which have a strong possibility to remains in our hands forever!).

You can play WIA with 512 Mb of RAM, if you have a decent video card (3 years old eg)

FYI: my video card became obsolete in 2006 [no more driver updates] and the laptop is 6+ years old. WIA runs fine... :nuts:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

cobraII
Captain

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:53 am

the only reason i ask if its possible to get a box version is because if at some point i will probalby want to reinstall american civil war and play it and my computer only has enough ram to have one game installed at a time and i was not sure if i could then get wars in america reinstalled or would have to re download it or something.

Greybriar
Corporal

Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:56 am

I, too, would prefer a retail boxed version. One with a printed paper manual. :p apy:
Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. --Calvin Coolidge

Rafiki

Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:30 am

cobraII wrote:the only reason i ask if its possible to get a box version is because if at some point i will probalby want to reinstall american civil war and play it and my computer only has enough ram to have one game installed at a time and i was not sure if i could then get wars in america reinstalled or would have to re download it or something.

It's quite OK if you burn the setup file along with your serial key onto e.g. a CD or DVD that you hold onto as a backup. In fact, I encourage you to do so :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

richfed

Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:24 pm

Dare I ask, what is the download size? Oh, is resume support available? My clunky old dial-up is a real problem with these large downloads!!!!
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Primasprit

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:33 pm

The size is about 550 MB. I would recommend you to use a download manager (for example this one: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/index.htm) as they allow to resume interrupted downloads. Image

geozero
Conscript

Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:16 am

I realize the expense to manufacture a physical box might be too much, however, keep in mind that I found and bought your American Civil War at a store BECAUSE of the boxed game.

Also, there may be people out there that can't or don't want to download a large file or any file for that matter from the internet. Perhaps you could provide a CD even if it's on an inexpensive sleeve. I don't think anyone really cares about a box but do want a physical CD. These I'm sure you can burn and provide relatively cheap. Just an idea...

BTW - I'm heading over to d/l the game myself.

Your games ROCK!

Thanks...

Pocus

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:52 am

For people with dialups, we can provide custom download solutions. Just contact me at pmalacher@age-studio.com

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

CWNut77
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:17 pm

Hey all -- I have an idea.

How about custom mail orders? Could the team take these on a per-request basis, and burn the setup files to a disc and mail out? Maybe charge a bit more for the shipping?

Just a thought.

PhilThib

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:57 pm

Could be done...only a bit cumbersome and time consuming (takes hours to send all these parcels to the Post Office)...by why not :innocent:

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”