ETF

Boa2 - Tcp/ip?

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:25 pm

Has there been any thoughts on moving to an engine that supports TCP/IP mutiplayer games?

Pocus

Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:34 am

There is the ARES utility for TCP/IP exchanges. It will be included in BOA2.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ETF

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Oh I see very nice......Is there a link? I will try a search first I guess :)

Thanks......Love the WEGO system not only on the map but allowing players to do their turns at the same time! :sourcil:

Pocus

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 am

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ETF

Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:37 am

Wow can hardly wait for the first game :)

Oh I read the PDF file. Just a quick question can more than one person work on a turn at one time? Probably not but it would be nice. So for example Tom is the Western Commander and completes his turn, Rick is the Eastern Commander BOTH are working on the UNION side and working on their turns at the SAME time (different computers). Can this program handle something like this?

Pocus

Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:19 am

No, this has been considered by setting areas on the map as your, but it is still quite some work to do that. Theoretically it is possible yes... Now I'm unsure it would not be a fancy of doing it, as I don't think there are that many players for such feature.

TheDoctorKing

Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:30 am

Pocus wrote:No, this has been considered by setting areas on the map as your, but it is still quite some work to do that. Theoretically it is possible yes... Now I'm unsure it would not be a fancy of doing it, as I don't think there are that many players for such feature.

Me, for one. With a game as difficult as these, team play would be most efficient. It would be good to put in the option of some sort of communication difficulty at least for the pre-1840's games. You can only communicate with your teammates by written messages, and they take a certain number of days or weeks to get there.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”