G-Burg Bullet
Corporal

Objective Cities - Blinking the Wrong Color

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:08 am

Hi All... not sure what I'm seeing here. I started playing Scenario #5 - Montcalm Colonial Faction and at the start of the scenario, several of the Objective Cities seem to be blinking the wrong color when I select the Strategic cities map filter. Specifically, Ft. Duquesne, Frontenac and Fortresse de Louisbourg are all blinking "red" as if to indicate British control. But, all 3 are flying the French flag and when I roll the tooltip over each one, they correctly indicate French control. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Additionally, the following Strategic Cities are colored orange (?) when I apply the map filter:

Halifax
Springfield
Boston
New York
Philadelphia
Williamsburg

Again, the tooltip indicates British control for all, but the color is orange. What does this mean?

Durk

Re: Objective Cities - Blinking the Wrong Color

Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:03 am

I am not really an expert on the map filters as I usually just play by the seat of my pants; however, I think what you are seeing is not control, but objective. That is, Ft. Duquesne is a British objective so it blinks red. This is a shorthand to see where you ought to focus your strategic planning.

I am not certain if this is what you are seeing, but the regions blink red and then orange. So, to badly misquote, orange is the new red. That is, red and orange mean the same thing.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”