GuileMike
Sergeant

Recruiting

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:28 pm

I am familiar with Civil War 2, but a severe noob with BoA2. Do units just appear over time or do I have a way to recruit them?

arsan

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:43 pm

There is no proper recruitment like in cw2. Most of units appear by event or are rised and dismissed on certain dates like the miltias.
Still you can do some límited recruitment expending EP to buy options on the ledger that gives you some units. The same applies to replacements.

It feels simple but works wonderfully! WIA is my all time favorite AGEOD game! :)

Durk

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:12 pm

To add a bit of specificity as to process - Each winter, militia units and Native American war parties go home. In the spring the war parties reappear. New militia are raised twice a year, soon after the new year and June (I believe). These militia are built in proportion to the number of cities you control in each of the four grand regions, New England, Middle States, South and Deep South.
Because the units arsan refers to in the ledger cost EP, (EP are the money, WS and conscripts all rolled into one) you need to maximize how much EP you generate. Using privateers is one method. In general, put at least one in each of the four sea zones. This gains one EP for each sea zone in which you have a raiding ship.

Second arsan's statement about the game, my top game to play.

GuileMike
Sergeant

Re: Recruiting

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:05 am

How do I get privateers? Do I recruit them?

Also I am playing as the English, what year will I expect to run out of steam for new units to recruit?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:47 pm

GuileMike wrote:How do I get privateers? Do I recruit them?

Also I am playing as the English, what year will I expect to run out of steam for new units to recruit?

if I recall, priviteers are something you can recruit by spending EPs.

In the American Revolution scenarios, the British get massive reinforcements in year 2 and then a few later on. The flow of the game is British dominance till the French and Spanish interventions - at that stage you struggle to hold what you have.

There is an AAR by Altaris of a game we played recently - you might want to have a look as it'll give you a feel for the wider flow of the game (he played Perfidious Albion).

I'd agree with the comments above - WiA is the ultimate PBEM experience in the AGEOD catalogue

GuileMike
Sergeant

Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:14 am

Does Spain and France still join the Rebels even if I am winning big?

Durk

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:22 am

Yes, it is an event due to time and probability, but inevitable.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”