CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

How do i disable autosave?..overwriting my saves

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:34 am

The game has a lot of small crashes. Some corrupt the game altogether. I save the game every turn so I have a save to return to to fix this. However, the autosave saves over my last save, and each save game, saves over the last. So how can I make multiple saves to protect against game corrupting crashes?

arsan

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:58 am

Hi!

The game automatically saves the last 12 or so turns so you can go back to one of those previous turns easely. You don't have to worry about manually saving or making multiple saves with different names.

If you want to go back some turns because the game crashes or you want to try a different strategy or whatever, just go to the load game screen, put the mouse over the game you want to roll back and follow the instructions that will appear on the pop-up window.

If i recal correctly you just have to hit the "home" key while pointing to the saved game you want to roll back. Each time you hit the key you will go back one turn.

By the way, is strange you have multiple crashes... have you patched up the game?
Regards!

CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:53 pm

I see, said the blind man. I had no idea that you could go back to previous saves via the tool tip. Went right over my head. Thank you for this! Problem solved.

By the way, this is the most outstanding historically accurate depiction of the French and Indian war. Looking closer, I can see this is a complex computer version of a table top Avallon Hill game. The map especially makes this clear. Exactly the niche I prefer. Well done. This is not the type of game that needs upgrades over the years do to graphics or technology breakthroughs. An outstanding game I will play for an indefinite time no doubt.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”