Aerosol
Conscript

1.10e 1775 campaign ruined :(

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:49 am

Hi all,

I've gotten all the way to August 1779 playing the US in the 1775-1783 campaign when all of a sudden I got a CTD. I reloaded the game, resumed by save and it looked ok. I hit next turn but then it just raced right through the 30 days, no movement on either side, and my orders were being ignored. I (probably foolishly) advanced several more turns to see if the game would shake loose but to no avail. All units remain where they were in August 1779 regardless of movement orders. Attrition still impacts them, and scripted events such as the spawning of reinforcements still takes place.

Separately, the Replay function has not been working (even after adding the line of code to the settings file). Any help is greatly appreciated, really bummed out as I had just captured Cornwallis's entire army with my cher ami M. le Comte de Rochambeau!

Durk

Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:24 am

As you know the turn where the problem occurred, roll back the game to the turn before the problem. That might fix it. If not, check back.

Roll back on Load Game screen using 'home'

Durk

Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:25 am

Aerosol wrote:Separately, the Replay function has not been working (even after adding the line of code to the settings file). Any help is greatly appreciated, really bummed out as I had just captured Cornwallis's entire army with my cher ami M. le Comte de Rochambeau!

On the replay concern, did you lose the replay function on the same turn as the CTD?

Aerosol
Conscript

Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:19 am

Durk wrote:On the replay concern, did you lose the replay function on the same turn as the CTD?

Thanks Durk, I backed up to the turn before the CTD, advanced from there and voila it works. I did not previously know how to roll back the turns. Strangely, the replay function is now working as well where it had not been previously even when the game was advancing properly. Alls well that ends well.

CatoTheYounger
Corporal

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:35 am

How is this done exactly? My new saves save over the old one. so I never have multiple saves.

Durk

Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:32 pm

CatoTheYounger wrote:How is this done exactly? My new saves save over the old one. so I never have multiple saves.

If you look in the 'saves' folder in the game files folder you will see several folders named Backup1, Backup2 and so on. If I remember correctly, up to 12 backup files are saved. So you an go back quite a bit.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”