ArmChairGeneral
AGEod Grognard

VP gain from pillaging civilized areas?

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:06 pm

FroBodine's interest in pillaging made me notice the following from a top-quality AAR between loki100 and Narwhal.

Still, those cities are threatened by Fort Dusquene, and every civilized area plundered by the French or their Indians bring them Victory Points.

This was a FIW scenario. In this scenario it appears there is an additional benefit to certain types of pillaging.

There are not that many civilized regions on the map in 1755, so look at the regional tooltips to locate them, it will say Wild (not to be confused with Wilderness, a type of terrain), Cleared (also not to be confused with Clear terrain) or Civilized. So, since he is talking about Indians, who are Pillagers, it stands to reason that by "plunder" he means "pillage" in game terms. So you could gain VP by simply moving the Indians into a Civilized region; you don't have to control a region to pillage it. It won't be quite that easy of course, a Civilized region will probably have multiple structures and be guarded. But, if you enter on passive mode with a stack entirely made of stealthy units like Indians or Coureurs you may either not be detected or not enter into battle because the garrison is in defensive posture, and you can pillage as you pass through with a low chance of being forced into combat. (Forts force you to stop moving when you enter their region.) Alternatively, depending on the setup, you could have enough unsupplied troops in the region that they pillage during Foraging, moving them to safety on the following round, but that's not a first-line therapy. :)

Does anyone know the VP gain from doing this?

I am curious if the French faction has this ability in other scenarios as well, I can't play right now to check.

Durk

Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:16 am

All of Hobbes great scenarios pre-F&IW also use VP from Pillage.
I do not know the actual value, but it does work to gain points.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”