ChuckB
Private
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:40 pm

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Ok, I'm a bit confused now - maybe you guys can help me. I have the Release version from Matrix Games (filename ends with "SetupRelease-V101bDR"). Both on the Matrix Games and the AGOED website, the latest patch is 1.04c.
Which files/patches do I need to have the latest version of WIA?

Thanks!

User avatar
jack54
Brigadier General
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:08 am
Location: East Tennessee USA

Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:29 pm

1.10e (link in post 1 is the latest patch.) There is also QF 2 that can be applied after 1.10e. I'm not sure if that is official though.
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ChuckB
Private
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:40 pm

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

So, do I still need the office 1.04c first, then followed by 1.10e (and QF 2)?

User avatar
jack54
Brigadier General
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:08 am
Location: East Tennessee USA

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:02 pm

No, it's comprehensive from 1.00b. enjoy!
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ChuckB
Private
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:40 pm

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks again!

OldSchool
Private
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Pocus wrote:First post has been updated with latest patch and latest quickfix to the patch. :)


As I have to reinstall WiA, does this mean that the link to the current 1.10e patch in post #1 is now all-inclusive and it's no longer necessary to apply the patch and then the "quick fix"?

User avatar
Durk
Posts: 2038
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:36 am
Location: Wyoming

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:35 am

1.10e is comprehensive, but does not include the quick fix.
However, you may wish to read some of the commentary about the quick fix. Not all players liked it.

OldSchool
Private
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Durk wrote:1.10e is comprehensive, but does not include the quick fix.
However, you may wish to read some of the commentary about the quick fix. Not all players liked it.


Wasn't the "quick fix" only for the 1812 scenario?
But what is the new issue with the fix as I can't find it in this thread?

Otherwise, I assume there have been no further changes since the release of the 1.10e comprehensive patch.

User avatar
Durk
Posts: 2038
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:36 am
Location: Wyoming

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:19 pm

OldSchool wrote:Wasn't the "quick fix" only for the 1812 scenario?
But what is the new issue with the fix as I can't find it in this thread?

Otherwise, I assume there have been no further changes since the release of the 1.10e comprehensive patch.


Yes as to the quick fix. 1812

No further changes. The question was about a re-install and how to get all patches.

Searry
Captain
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:58 pm

I just want to notify you that the link to the quick fix is broken.

User avatar
Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Groningen, NL

Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:56 am

Searry wrote:I just want to notify you that the link to the quick fix is broken.


Works for me.

User avatar
LUDOPEREZ
Captain
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: Spain (Madrid)

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:31 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:Works for me.


The first link for path legacy is fine but the second link for quick fix is broken :(

User avatar
Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Groningen, NL

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:46 pm

LUDOPEREZ wrote:The first link for path legacy is fine but the second link for quick fix is broken :(


Sorry, yes, that link doesn't work.

When you need it now, you can download it for a while from here:

http://springelkamp.nl/usr/files/Patch_WIA_1.10e_QF2.exe

Edit: the file is now removed, because it is available again from AGEOD

User avatar
LUDOPEREZ
Captain
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: Spain (Madrid)

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:35 am

Erik Springelkamp wrote:Sorry, yes, that link doesn't work.

When you need it now, you can download it for a while from here:

http://springelkamp.nl/usr/files/Patch_WIA_1.10e_QF2.exe


Thanks ;)

User avatar
lodilefty
Posts: 7359
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NY GMT -5 US Eastern

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:37 pm

LUDOPEREZ wrote:The first link for path legacy is fine but the second link for quick fix is broken :(


Sorry to be slow.
The QuickFix is once again available in Post #1 of this thread. ;)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

User avatar
Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Groningen, NL

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:10 pm

OK, I have now removed the patch from my site.

User avatar
lodilefty
Posts: 7359
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NY GMT -5 US Eastern

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:OK, I have now removed the patch from my site.


Thanks for helping! :thumbsup:
I'm slowly getting back up to speed after my prolonged association with U of R Medicine! :w00t:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]



[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]



[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

User avatar
Durk
Posts: 2038
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:36 am
Location: Wyoming

Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:13 am

lodilefty
Welcome back. Glad to see you engaging in the forum. You can imagine how your absence has left such 'know-it-alls' like me trying to pick up the slack of your informed and helpful advice.

User avatar
lodilefty
Posts: 7359
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NY GMT -5 US Eastern

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Durk wrote:lodilefty
Welcome back. Glad to see you engaging in the forum. You can imagine how your absence has left such 'know-it-alls' like me trying to pick up the slack of your informed and helpful advice.


..and it looks like y'all are doing quite well supporting the games! :love:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]



[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]



[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

CatoTheYounger
Corporal
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:26 am

Re: WIA Patch 1.10e - Official Legacy = November 13, 2012

Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:16 am

I had to replace my computer and lost all 5 of my ageod games. :pleure: I did however repurchase WIA2 and ROP. The problem is that the Legacy Patch is broken. I see the quick fix has been replaced, but the legacy patch link is broken. no way I can play WIA2 without it. Any other link?

User avatar
lodilefty
Posts: 7359
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NY GMT -5 US Eastern

Re: WIA Patch 1.10e - Official Legacy = November 13, 2012

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:18 pm

CatoTheYounger wrote:I had to replace my computer and lost all 5 of my ageod games. :pleure: I did however repurchase WIA2 and ROP. The problem is that the Legacy Patch is broken. I see the quick fix has been replaced, but the legacy patch link is broken. no way I can play WIA2 without it. Any other link?


hmm, you are correct. Working on it, but it's hard to get help on weekends..... :bonk:

stay tuned, working on it.... :sherlock:


User avatar
lodilefty
Posts: 7359
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NY GMT -5 US Eastern

Re: WIA Patch 1.10e - Official Legacy = November 13, 2012

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:48 pm



Yes, but I had to fix the link! FUBARR....


...all patches [more or less] at

viewtopic.php?f=152&t=43333&p=373439#p373439

CatoTheYounger
Corporal
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:26 am

Re: WIA Patch 1.10e - Official Legacy = November 13, 2012

Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:38 am

Thank you as always. This site is always on top of fixing problems, and quickly. New Years is saved! Viva France!

G-Burg Bullet
Corporal
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Bethlehem, PA USA

Re: WIA Patch 1.10e - Official Legacy = November 13, 2012

Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi... Thanks, Lodilefty, for fixing this. I just bought BiA2/WiA from Matrix. It came with version 1.01b. I patched it to 1.04c with the only patch that I could find on the Matrix site and I was wondering about a newer patch. I saw your link above a few days ago for the 1.10e version, but found the link was broken.

However, just to be clear (sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie on this board), do I need the "Quick Fix" for the game to work properly, or is it an optional feature? If I do need/want the QF, do I install the 1.10e patch first and then run the QF patch?

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

User avatar
lodilefty
Posts: 7359
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NY GMT -5 US Eastern

Re: WIA Patch 1.10e - Official Legacy = November 13, 2012

Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:07 pm

G-Burg Bullet wrote:Hi... Thanks, Lodilefty, for fixing this. I just bought BiA2/WiA from Matrix. It came with version 1.01b. I patched it to 1.04c with the only patch that I could find on the Matrix site and I was wondering about a newer patch. I saw your link above a few days ago for the 1.10e version, but found the link was broken.

However, just to be clear (sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie on this board), do I need the "Quick Fix" for the game to work properly, or is it an optional feature? If I do need/want the QF, do I install the 1.10e patch first and then run the QF patch?

Thanks again and Happy New Year!


IIRC, you need the QwikFix for "proper" operation....

G-Burg Bullet
Corporal
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Bethlehem, PA USA

Re: WIA Patch 1.10e - Official Legacy = November 13, 2012

Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:19 pm

Ok, thanks so much for the prompt response.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests