Micf2302
Private

Losing NM?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:01 pm

I am playing "The white of their eyes"

And after the intervention of France in 1780, I am losing 4 NM per turn no matter what happens... In one turn, I won about 7 NM from battles (clubbered a couple of fleets and one big army) but I still ended that turn with -4 total NM... I just don't get what is going on. I went from 110NM to 70 in like 10 turns. Someone can tell me what's going on?

Durk

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 pm

It would be helpful to know which side you are playing and what turn this is. If you are British some possibilities come to mind.
What message are you getting in the ledger with the -4 NM announcement?

Micf2302
Private

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:31 pm

I am playing the British. I noticed this situation after the spaniards started to attack me (the campaing of 1780). I don't see any reasons why I should be losing NM in the monthly report at the bottom of the page. If I add up all the modification there I should ether be in the positive or at +0 at the worst.

Which ledger are you refering too?

And it kinda seems like a bug or something to me. Like that turn where I saw +7NM from battles and things in the turn report but I still ended that turn with -4 NM over the last turn... Which means that somehow I lost 11NM during that turn, but there is no trace of why or how anywhere.

Durk

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:19 pm

By ledger I mean the monthly log at the bottom of the page. You report you have been reading this, we are referencing the same information. So the monthly log shows a gain of +7 NM for you, but you lost -4 NM.. And the turn before you were either even in NM or gained a couple, and still you went down -4 NM?

Just to be clear, no mater the total of NM reported at the bottom of the screen, you lose -4 NM. I know I am being overly repetitive, but I want to make certain I understand exactly what you are reporting before agreeing it is a bug or attempting to explain what is happening.

lodilefty

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Starting in January 1780, there are 4 events that test for Control of Theaters by the British.
Theaters checked are New England, Middle States, Southt Central and Deep South
Control = owning all objectives and Strategic Towns in that Theater.
Each turn, if the Theater is not fully controlled, you get -1NM and -10VP per theater.

So, lacking full control of any theater will hit GBR with -4NM and -40VP per turn.

These events simulate "War Weariness" in the face of failure to suceed in the war.
These events are for Human Player GBR vs AI USA only.

You can examine them in the file 1776 AI Boost.sct found in \Events

Additionally, 4 times per year starting in January 1780, there is a check for "American Army in Being" for a human GBR vs USA AI
If USA has >=30 elements of Line, Elite and Cavalry on map, and Washington is still alive, then GBR loses another -1NM and -10 VP.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Durk

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:32 am

Thank you for this explanation. I would never have known this condition otherwise.
I think it is a great event, by the way, for whatever that is worth.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”