bboyer66
Conscript

Troops wont load on to ships

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Im playing the French and Indian War campaign.
When I load Wolfes army at Louisburg on to the ship transports everything looks fine, it shows the troops loaded. I then move the ships to the sea region near Quebec. However after processing the turn, my ships show up in the sea region but without any Army.
The transports have plenty of room, so I have no idea why I cant transport the Army.

Any ideas?

lodilefty

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:03 am

From the first page of the Read Me:

[size=84]Note:
Units attempting to load land units onto ships and sail away [either in port or loading onto adjacent ships at sea] must have 'evasive move' set on if enemy troops are present in any form. Failure to set 'evasive' in presence of the enemy will abort the loading process, and ships will sail away without the units.
[/size]

Often, there is a hidden Irregular enemy in the region that you cannot see. The AI does this frequently.

Also, be sure to install latest patch.

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Durk

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:48 am

bboyer66 wrote:Im playing the French and Indian War campaign.
When I load Wolfes army at Louisburg on to the ship transports everything looks fine, it shows the troops loaded. I then move the ships to the sea region near Quebec. However after processing the turn, my ships show up in the sea region but without any Army.
The transports have plenty of room, so I have no idea why I cant transport the Army.

Any ideas?

Another option might be that you are moving the ships on the turn you load them when not in a port. That is, the ships are at sea and you place the troops in them. I am guessing. This does not sound like the case, but from the details you provide it might be.

bboyer66
Conscript

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:24 am

Thanks for the responses.
It wound up being the evasive move button. Let me tell you I was ready to throw my PC out the window the third time my ships left for Quebec without my troops. :bonk:

lodilefty

Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:03 pm

bboyer66 wrote:Thanks for the responses.
It wound up being the evasive move button. Let me tell you I was ready to throw my PC out the window the third time my ships left for Quebec without my troops. :bonk:

I know the feeling [with other games, not AGE ;) ]

We try to get these kind of subleties into the Read Me for each game. :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”