Durk

Which WIA scenario is the best?

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:05 am

I love the 1775 and 1776 scenarios.
Additionally, I enjoy Forward from Valley Forge.
While I like so many of the scenarios from this game, I am wondering which ones others think are most historical and most enjoyable.
WIA covers so many historical epochs.
My proposal: tell the best French and Indian War, best American Revolution and best War of 1812; and finally, best of none of the above.
I would say:
Montcalm Colonial faction
1775-1783 The Whites of their Eyes
1813 Great Lakes Scenario
Pequot's War

What do you say?

Hobbes

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:19 am

King William's War and Pontiac's War :)

lodilefty

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Hobbes is, um, biased.... :blink:

...but probably right! :thumbsup: :love:

I enjoy 1755 Campaign with the COL variant :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Taillebois
General of the Army

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi Hobbes - have you got a long note on the game like you did for the Civil War?

Hobbes

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Sorry - not for WiA

Cheers, Chris

Taillebois
General of the Army

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I just read a chapter on the WIA in HG Wells Short History of the World and it made me suddenly get the game out and have a quick play. Anyway since I posted earlier I got a quick victory in the 1776 scenario (on v. easy settings) so I'm feeling a bit cocky. Off to the pub then back later to pull try and a fast one on Napoleon; followed by Lee, and then the Kaiser as part of my aim to play every AGEOD game I have this weekend.

There's nothing like a victory, no matter how undeserved, to boost morale.

moloko
Conscript

Enngland the mismanaged juggernaut

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:02 am

I'm liking the "A Few Acres of Snow campaign, though I apparently am a deceidely inferior general. I can't even win as the Brits.

Durk

Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:35 am

A Few Acres of Snow is a tough game for both sides. Thoroughly delightful, though.

moloko
Conscript

Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Durk wrote:A Few Acres of Snow is a tough game for both sides. Thoroughly delightful, though.

Well, its certainly tough for me, especially at sea. I can't seem to sortie a fleet without having it take massive hits due to attrition without it ever seeing the enemy. The northern waters around Louisbourg seem to be especially treacherous, even my ships of the line go half red after one turn at sea, even in summer.

And in the shipping boxes the French have a fleet unit sinking all my merchantmen, and I can't seem to do a thing about it. I did send a ship of the line and a brig to try and shoo away one of the French squadrons, but it lost half its strength getting there and was promptly drubbed in battle and limped home barely alive.

Is there a good AAR on this scenario anywhere? I did read the one in the AAR section but it is from the French perspective. I need help with the Brits in no small way.

Durk

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Look at this AAR. It is a classic for clear explanation, focus upon players new to the game and shows both sides of this scenario.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?545321-Wars-in-America-A-how-to-AAR

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”