Ebbingford

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:43 am

The Pontooner ability that the battoemen have is not working.
A stack takes the same number of days to get from one region to the next over a river if it has got one of these units in the stack or not.

lodilefty

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:23 pm

We'll need saved games for these latest issues:

• Pontooner ability
  • Ammo non-depletion (or unusual resupply of ammo)
  • Training (actually eperience gains) without trainer or combat
  • Appearance of new units (Hortelez, etc.) in enemy held cities
  • Missing Siege icon in a pbem game

Thanks
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Welcome back Lodi :thumbsup:

Here is my turn file from our pbem. Hope it helps. If you need backups or anything else I will have to get TheDeadEye to post them, he's hosting. You can check the pontooner ability from the units in Albany.
Lots of my units have heaps of experience from no combat or training. The British infantry unit in Halifax has seen no action at all yet has an experience star.
Attachments
Ponthits~GBR.rar
(50.29 KiB) Downloaded 253 times

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Welcome back Lodi :thumbsup:

Here is my turn file from our pbem. Hope it helps. If you need backups or anything else I will have to get TheDeadEye to post them, he's hosting. You can check the pontooner ability from the units in Albany.
Lots of my units have heaps of experience from no combat or training. The British infantry unit in Halifax has seen no action at all yet has an experience star.

Welcome back Lodi! :)

In response to Ebbingford I also have some oddities to report in the current PBEM we are playing.

1) Some ships tend to get stuck if moved during the Winter seasons, mainly due to the fact that a river or lake passage may be unfrozen at the time of the move order but then might freeze over the following turn, effectively trapping the ship or bateaux in that region. Unfortunately, the ship or bateaux gets then teleported often to landlocked regions where it is impossible to move them again and they will slowly die of attrition.

2) There seems to be also a river connection problem at the head of Lake Champlain, near Fort William Henry and Carillon. I also have a ship stuck there due to the aforementioned problem in 1) but the ship cannot be moved back into the main body of the lake. The map sort of shows that the two arms of the lake at the bottom are connected but the engine will tell me that the destination cannot be reached.

3) This point is more about when playing against Athena. Athena, in the FaIW, tends to amass huge amounts of troops in the Albany region and then go for the French forts along Lake Champlain (which is good! :D ). However, a known issue, she will lose most of her army due to attrition and bad timing. If she manages to build Fort William Henry she may get a breather in terms of supply there BUT she will still starve most of her army because of a lack of supplies, add the winter months and her big army´s done for and ready to be mopped up by the French at Carillon. For this I suggest a simple aid which I guess is mainly to help Athena but should not terrible inconvenience a human player. Have the Forts, which are built by the events in their historical places, include a depot in order to provide the added supply. This will in turn make Athena more steadfast and she can resume her drive towards the North then (and replenish her forces) and for the human player, well he already knows what to do with the Forts anyways and chances are he will also build depots there since supplies do not travel in BoA2. :)

5) As the French, there is only one General capable of training the miltia into Troupe de Marines. However, the tooltip says that his effects apply to all the elements in the stack, which I assume implies that he DOES NOT have to be in command of the stack. However, after testing, he won´t train any militia unless he is in command of the stack. It´s the training officer ability.

6) Again with Athena. I also noticed that Athena does not attack Louisbourg nor Quebec via the sea lanes. I understand that this might be difficult for her to accomplish but it allows the French player to easily entrench himself along Lake Champlain and slug it out with the Brits with often very huge casualties and lost VP points for the Brit AI. I know Lodi that we managed to get General Howe in the AWoI scenario to appear at different locations randomly, perhaps we can do the same here for Athena? The Brits get an expedition for the purpose of attacking Louisbourg and eventually Quebec so why not have a randomness built in there too? It may be ahistorical from the point of view that Louisbourg had to fall first before Quebec could be attacked but in game terms and playability give Athena this opportunity which would force the French player to garrison Quebec and Louisbourg accordingly and not channel everything towards Carillon.

I have attacked the last backup turn from Ebbingford´s and my PBEM, if you need further savegames, let me know Lodi.
Attachments
Backup24.rar
(190.16 KiB) Downloaded 250 times

Durk

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:44 am

lodilefty wrote:We'll need saved games for these latest issues:

• Pontooner ability

Thanks

Will send, but will need to recreate.

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Destroying depots does not seem to work either. This is the case with a fort or without a fort. Once depots have been errected they cannot be destroyed anymore.

Fort can be burnt down as usual however.

Ebbingford

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:43 am

TheDeadeye wrote:Destroying depots does not seem to work either. This is the case with a fort or without a fort. Once depots have been errected they cannot be destroyed anymore.

I thought that was what you were trying to do :D

Narwhal

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:24 pm

TheDeadeye wrote:Destroying depots does not seem to work either. This is the case with a fort or without a fort. Once depots have been errected they cannot be destroyed anymore.

I already destroyed Depot ? Maybe only the depot level X cannot be destroyed. Or depots in cities?

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Ebbingford wrote:I thought that was what you were trying to do :D

;)

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Narwhal wrote:I already destroyed Depot ? Maybe only the depot level X cannot be destroyed. Or depots in cities?

Hmmm, well as far as I noticed, I was not able to destroy the depot inside a fort for example. All it showed me was the destroy fort option, which it did but the depot still remained and to my chagrin fell into enemy hands. :love:

If what you say is true that only depots of a certain level can be destroyed then I would think it more wisely to allow to raze any depot of any level down, I want to see my opponent bleed for lack of supplies! ;) :D

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:15 pm

After some more testing I think I discovered the problem of depot razing. I havent tested it on Forts but as far as I can tell the option to raze a depot will only appear if the stack, you are attempting to raze the depot with, only appears when this stack does not contain more than one supply wagon.

I guess this is more of an engine logic issue here as the engine belives you would like to to further upgrade a depot than to destroy it. The work around is to just remove the supply wagons temporarily and the option will appear. If this is WAD, well then you just need to know or discover this by accident. :wacko:

lodilefty

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Narwhal wrote:I already destroyed Depot ? Maybe only the depot level X cannot be destroyed. Or depots in cities?

AFAIK, any level 1 depot should be "destroyable"....

Please check to see if the depots you can't destroy are Level 2 or higher.....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 pm

lodilefty wrote:AFAIK, any level 1 depot should be "destroyable"....

Please check to see if the depots you can't destroy are Level 2 or higher.....

You can. See my previous post and only 1 level one depots in cities so far.

Durk

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:06 am

lodilefty wrote:We'll need saved games for these latest issues:

• Pontooner ability

Thanks

This is an instance of a British supply landing in an American controlled port.

lodilefty

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:56 am

Durk wrote:This is an instance of a British supply landing in an American controlled port.

Eh? Attachment? :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Durk

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:06 am

I tried identify the correct files you need. I cannot find the place in the forum which explains which files to post.
Sorry. If someone clues me in I would appreciate.

greenalien
Sergeant

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:52 pm

Well, I'd just send all the files that belong to a turn. Both .trn files, maybe history file and replay files.

Sending save files for units receiving experience without combat will be difficult, because it happens all the time, and usually at very obscure places, so you won't notice it the turn it happens. It happens everywhere, including in garrisons.

This didn't use to happen before the 1.08 patch.

Gray_Lensman

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:20 pm

deleted

Durk

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:31 am

Durk wrote:This is an instance of a British supply landing in an American controlled port.

Here are the files, two British Supply. One in an American Controlled port the other outside Albany.
Attachments
Supply Unit.zip
(205.61 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Supply Reinforcements.JPG

Durk

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 am

Here is an instance of a European Volunteer unit appearing in a hostile port.
Attachments
Vol in Enemy Port.jpg
1776 game.zip
(277.35 KiB) Downloaded 250 times

lodilefty

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:13 am

Durk wrote:Here is an instance of a European Volunteer unit appearing in a hostile port.

Thank you!

We've identified the issue: The Region Selection list and associated "NotEnemy" commands are located in Actions rather than in Conditions. Thus, if all regions in the list are "Enemy", the engine goes ahead and places the units at one of the locations anyway! Solution: edit every arrival event moving the Region select llogc to conditions, and/or add logic to place units in a "safe place". This is gonna take some time....

...actually a lot of time, so be patient! :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:35 pm

So, we have a small patch coming, sometime. That's OK, take your time, lodi.

Durk

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:48 am

lodilefty wrote:Thank you!

We've identified the issue: The Region Selection list and associated "NotEnemy" commands are located in Actions rather than in Conditions. Thus, if all regions in the list are "Enemy", the engine goes ahead and places the units at one of the locations anyway! Solution: edit every arrival event moving the Region select llogc to conditions, and/or add logic to place units in a "safe place". This is gonna take some time....

Thank you. I love this game, now even better.

greenalien
Sergeant

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Okay, I think I've found an instance of a unit increasing in experience without training or fighting. Be patient with me please, this bug is difficult to hunt down because there's so many units that can gain experience in so many ways.

I'm using 1.08 patch.

The unit which I suspect to have increased in experience without a cause is named "Warner's", it should be near Chambly fortress, in Richelieu region, all of which is in Canada. It has not engaged in a fight or training, it was merely moving to Canada. However, it is an elite ranger unit so I don't know whether it doesn't get any experience by default.

Another unit which increased in experience was my privateer in Southern naval trade box, but when I was processing the turn, the game played a sound of battle, so I suspect that maybe it's legitimate increase that's tied to its privateering activities.

I'm attaching the turn to this post, please tell me if you need any additional infromation. We'll keep playing the game with Durk, and if I'm wrong about this one, I'll post any future suspicious experience increase I might find.
Attachments
Durk vs GA - 2nd~USA.rar
(165.11 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

Durk

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:28 am

lodilefty wrote:Thank you!

I am wondering if it is this complicated, knowing very little.
It worked in 1.07. May it just be a simple problem?

greenalien
Sergeant

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Okay I found definitely an unwarranted experience increase. Ft. Henry Garrison has gained a star of experience, even though it has not been engaged in any fights whatsoever.
Attachments
Experience.zip
(193.25 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

Boggit
Private

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:49 am

Thanks for the new patch. It's much appreciated.

FYI:

I've noticed with 1.08 that:

1. units are regularly getting experience without getting involved in combat, which has been mentioned elsewhere; and

2. The strength descriptors in the unit card have disappeared. For example, GBR Strength: is now blank. Previously it stated the number of Men, Horses and Canons (Should read "Guns" in English). The numbers actually appear without descriptors halfway down the unit cards after stats.

Is there some easy way to globally reinstitute unit strength descriptors and strengths correctly?

greenalien
Sergeant

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:09 pm

greenalien wrote:Okay I found definitely an unwarranted experience increase. Ft. Henry Garrison has gained a star of experience, even though it has not been engaged in any fights whatsoever.

Can I get a response to this? I've attached a file to that post where the bug can be seen.

lodilefty

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:39 pm

greenalien wrote:Can I get a response to this? I've attached a file to that post where the bug can be seen.

Sorry about lack of reply... :bonk:
It will be a while. :(
Devs on vacation, and I'm still in "recovery mode" from illness.....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Athens
Brigadier General

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:30 pm

This bug has existed in RUS for some weeks, about at the time of release of this WIA patch. So.... :D
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”