Taillebois
General of the Army

How to win as Brits in Carolinas 1776 ?

Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Got this retail yesterday, to join AACW and Nap's camps.

I can't win as Brits in Carolinas 1776 scenario. Tried, as usual sadly, putting everything on easy, no fog etc. Still I'm useless. Even tried losing as US by doing nothing and giving Brits (as AI) all advantages. Still Brits lose.

I know nobody likes us now (or even then actually) but I need a victory. How?

Thanks for any pointers.

Oh, version 1.02c, nice manual, not fully read etc.

Siekster
Sergeant

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Taillebois, welcome to WIA!!! It's a great game, and a ton of fun, especially playing by PBEM.

This is actually one of the tougher scenarios in the game IMHO. You got to move quickly as the Brits, which invovles executing 2 naval invasions to capture Wilmington and Charleston. A degree of luck is involved, as I have had winter weather mess up my operations at times, and other times no. Wilmington falls pretty easy usually, it's Charleston that can be the tough one. If the Americans leave a strong force inside, it will make the assault quite difficult, whereas on occasion I have had the Americans present there leave to go after Georgia, making the invasion much more tenable. Other than that, use what few forces you having inland to seize your strategic towns and do your best to hold them. You can't waste anytime on the naval invasions, as you only have 6 turns and the fleet doesn't arrive until turn 2.
"You underestimate my powers!!!"

-Anakin Skywalker, moments before jumping and having three of his extremities hacked off by a lightsaber...

Taillebois
General of the Army

Great games by the way Ageod

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:34 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Tried lots of variations of scampering around, splitting Cornwallis's force. Thought I'd got it once - f5 showed I had Charleston and Wilmington + 2 others, but "computer said No"

Tried another scenario - Chasing Nathaniel - just to show I can get a win on easy peasy.

Back to squelching in green swamp.

By the way, is randomness fixed in these games or each time different? Random seed or something I think it's called in other games?

5_Star
Conscript

Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:03 pm

Taillebois wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Tried lots of variations of scampering around, splitting Cornwallis's force. Thought I'd got it once - f5 showed I had Charleston and Wilmington + 2 others, but "computer said No"

Tried another scenario - Chasing Nathaniel - just to show I can get a win on easy peasy.

Back to squelching in green swamp.

By the way, is randomness fixed in these games or each time different? Random seed or something I think it's called in other games?

I think there is a setting in options for randomized leader stats. Not sure about any of the scripted events though.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”