JadeKing
Lieutenant

Question about ambush

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:45 pm

If I move an irregular army in defensive posture and in ambush mode, into a province containing an enemy also in defensive posture, will they then attack the army that turn, or will they have to wait till the next? Does the ambush setting only work in the province you start your turn in, or also in the region you end it in?

Also if I have an irregular army in a region containing an enemy force, and then move another army on offensive posture to attack the enemy, will my irregular army then join the attack, even though they are on defensive posture?

Extreme long sentences I know :bonk: But I don’t know how else to write it :p leure:
Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.
Dio Chrysostom

lodilefty

Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:08 pm

JadeKing wrote:If I move an irregular army in defensive posture and in ambush mode, into a province containing an enemy also in defensive posture, will they then attack the army that turn, or will they have to wait till the next? Does the ambush setting only work in the province you start your turn in, or also in the region you end it in?

Also if I have an irregular army in a region containing an enemy force, and then move another army on offensive posture to attack the enemy, will my irregular army then join the attack, even though they are on defensive posture?

Extreme long sentences I know :bonk: But I don’t know how else to write it :p leure:

I believe ammbush only applies to the staring region.

A force in defensive posture can assist in a battle, but whether or when is adjusted by probability [reduced for defensive posture] and your 'Combat Delay' setting in main menu options.

The probabilites to join are set forth in 'Reserve.opt' in your Settings folder....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Just so I get this right.

My base chance to join a battle is 90% in defensive posture. But this is then modified by the following:

7 days of marching to reach the region (-10% for each day of marching)
Leader has 6 in strategic rating (+5% for each pt of strat factor of the leader)
No military control (Every 5% of MC lacking gives -1% chance (both for start and end region)

So with these modifiers, I will end up with a 30% chance to join the battle, if I have calculated this right?
Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.

Dio Chrysostom

lodilefty

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:35 pm

I think so :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Siekster
Sergeant

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:31 am

Just for the hard of understanding newbs like me, if I have a force set to ambush an enemy entering a region, do i have to set it's posture to offensive as well? Or can I leave it in defensive posture?(regardless of the enemies ROE)
"You underestimate my powers!!!"

-Anakin Skywalker, moments before jumping and having three of his extremities hacked off by a lightsaber...

lodilefty

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:02 am

Siekster wrote:Just for the hard of understanding newbs like me, if I have a force set to ambush an enemy entering a region, do i have to set it's posture to offensive as well? Or can I leave it in defensive posture?(regardless of the enemies ROE)

Defensive works OK. It 'sort of' changes itself to offense anyway, but will stay defensive if it fails the 'set ambush' roll...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”