HidekiTojo
Colonel

Strategy for Americans

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Im having some trouble with my USA strategy, usually the Continental Army falls apart after the British conquer the countryside. I was thinking that after reading a BOA one AAR I would send some units to garrison strategic cities. I know that's probably a no brainer now that I think about it.

I was hoping for some tips on how to go about prosecuting the War as the USA. I know historically it was vital to keep the Continental Army alive and well. But Im not sure of a few small things, like how many units should I put in the strategic cities so that the Brots can't just waltz right in without a siege.

Is having someone like William Prescott in my army training the militia to regulars a good thing?

I am not entirely sure how to garrison the cities in the middle states in 1775 there are so few troops for me to send to anywhere from between NYC to Richmond so all those cities including Philly are highly vulnerable, what would you recommend?

How effective are charismatic leaders and which decisions are the best ones that fit my strategy?

What I mean is do charismatic leaders stop militia from disbanding?

Finally what is a good overall strategy for winning the war which for the Americans means survival.

Leibst

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Your last phrase is the key.

Your troops have to survive. Some keys:

- train your troops.
-fight in bad terrain for the redcoats, never in open ground.
-fight when you can make damage.
-Move you troops to avoid enemy and to make things complicated for him.
-Wait patiently for the french and dont waste them.
-Keep in mind the supplies are the center of the game.
-If you have a big Army, take care of supplies, use depots and big cities.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:44 pm

why is my continental army going red into 1777? It hasnt fought any battles but all my armies are going yellow and red and I have no idea how to stop it as Americans

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:46 pm

also I would like to know how to stop what I call the British explosion, when the large British army splits into a million components and takes military control of the entire region that its in.

This is losing me the war everytime and I have no idea how to defend against it, and also the thing about my units going red for no reason at all.

Leibst

Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:16 pm

You mean red about supplies?
You need to be with the supply units or you will be out of supplies in 2 turns.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Durk

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:01 am

Leibstandarte has provided some excellent advice. What you messages suggest is that your troops are not getting supplied.
Look at cities and learn their supply values. Find cities equal to your elements. Elements are the individual parts of a units. A typical unit is worth four elements. Make these match your supply sources.

The explosion is your opportunity. Pounce on the small British force with a superior American force. You will beat the British in detail

Durk

Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:56 am

HidekiTojo wrote:also I would like to know how to stop what I call the British explosion, when the large British army splits into a million components and takes military control of the entire region that its in.

This is losing me the war everytime and I have no idea how to defend against it, and also the thing about my units going red for no reason at all.

You define the essential American Strategy. The British are compelled in a defence of Posts strategy, which you see when the armies split into a million components. The Americans need a strategy of attacking the isolated British components with a strong army to attack British attempts to defend the posts.

Americans can be tough to play, but patience and a few strong points allow you do counter this British explosion.

Durk

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:47 am

HidekiTojo wrote:also I would like to know how to stop what I call the British explosion, when the large British army splits into a million components and takes military control of the entire region that its in.

Another thought is this. Hold the three important American objectives, such as Albany, Charleston and Pittsburg with most of your troops. Make the British attack you.

javelina
Conscript

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:13 am

Took me a bit, but I pulled together a strategy with the elements you mentioned.

Durk

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:57 am

This is great news. Hope you are enjoying.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”