Ubercat
Sergeant

Indian questions

Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:29 am

How do I unlock Indian tribes which are willing to join me but need a more powerful force to move into their space? I just started a Colonial FIW campaign as the French and sent a large force around to unlock some native allies. My force moved through two such spaces and was headed for a third during turn one, but the first two are still locked! Do I have to end a turn in each space? That seems kind of time consuming if so.

Also, is there a summary available somewhere which explains the specifics of each tribe? By that I mean, which are willing to join each side, what the conditions are for joining, and what conditions would make some tribes switch sides. I find the native politics very confusing.

Thanks!

Durk

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:35 am

So number one: yep, need to stop and let them activate. Not pass by, but settle in.

No summary, but the tribes friendly to your side will show as friendly. Just need to check. Basically, all tribes except those in New York like you.

Ubercat
Sergeant

Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks again. Another question.

I just played out Lord Dunmore's war as the Shawnee in SP. I managed to win, barely, by recapturing Mingo on the last turn and not losing my capital village. I took pretty heavy losses though and the colonists had more VP in the end. What is the best way to fight as Indians without always getting badly bloodied?

Most of my forces were in offensive mode with sustained attack posture. I didn't muck about with ambushes as time was short. Perhaps I was being too aggressive? I saw some lightly defended structures and went on the attack, counting on my permanently locked braves to defend the home villages. (That didn't work with Mingo as it quickly fell.) Should I have sit tight in ambush and hoped the AI would come at me?

Another question with wider applicability. How do I, in the middle of a turn, move two forces to join each other and then move both together to a destination? As an example, many regions are 5 days apart. Suppose it takes 10 days for one force to reach another (or for 2 forces to converge); They shouldn't have to sit around for 20 days before they carry out the next phase of the plan. Is there a technique to make that work?

Durk

Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:19 am

Question one is the easiest. Have patience. Ambush is a key Indian tactic. Of course, aggression is my preferred mode, win or lose.

To join forces, take your fastest force and with the mouse, drop it on the slower force. You should see a message that says 'so and so joined so and so.' This way, both forces join and typically reach the same region at the same time.

Ubercat
Sergeant

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:14 pm

I'll try it, thanks.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”