Pocus

WIA patch 1.07b

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Dear players,

Here is the 'Spring 2010' patch :)

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/WIA_Patch.zip

version 1.07a - Big thanks to all volunteers, and most notably Lodilefty for their amazing work and support. :love:

==============================================================================
BOA2 : War in America version 1.07
April 1, 2010
==============================================================================
This patch contains all changes since version 1.00b

******************************************************************************************************************
Note: Key commands and features added at patch 1.04

- New sentry orders:
<SPACE>: In sentry for one turn.
<CTRL><SPACE>: In sentry until 90% healed.

Reminder:
<S>: Permanent Sentry (until moving or attacked) (hit again <S> or <SPACE to remove the sentry state)
<CTRL><S>: Remove all Sentry status on map.
<C>: Center on the selected unit
<SHIFT><C>: Center on the destination of the unit.
<H>: Put directly the selected force in structure, if some available in the region.

- You can <ALT>-left-click on a force tab to rename it. Some Armies with Leaders can't be renamed though.

- New Region finder. Works with <CTRL><F>
******************************************************************************************************************
==================================================================================================================
Note: Under some conditions, Depot Build may consume partial strength supply units.
To be safe, separate the two supply units [must have 4 elements each and be >50% strength] for depot build command
==================================================================================================================
Note: 'Supply Filter' colors are now:
Green = Net Supply supply above demand
Orange = Net supply available = 0
Red = Net Supply in deficit to demand
Note:
Units attempting to load land units onto ships and sail away [either in port or loading onto adjacent ships at sea] must have 'evasive move' set on if enemy troops are present in any form. Failure to set 'evasive' in presence of the enemy will abort the loading process, and ships will sail away without the units.

This patch [1.07b]

Fixes
* Corrected display of Fortresses [Level 3 and higher]
* Changed 'Tech Upgrade' option [USA 1775/76] to have elite return to Lite Inf vs. Regular [to break circular logic bug]
* Added *NoCapture* attribute to all $famRaiders to fix the Raiders capturing Cities bug

Engine
* Fixed bug with Script engine not properly interpreting EvalRgnVP [gave erroneous event triggers: Philadelphia/Boston captured in 1755]
* More new AI programming
* Added new AI Agenda: "Concentrate Stacks"

New
* Added files [Alias, Settings] and model parameter for AI_Affinity system for leaders

This patch [1.07]

Improved: Information available in F5 ledger [value of Objectives, VP earned per turn, Losses totals]

Changed: Training Officer no longer needs to command a group to train troops [trains while anywhere in stack, similar to Drill Master]
Changed: Fort Batteries and Coastal Artillery now have Command Cost = 0

Map Adjustments
Changed: Port at region 255Winooski now accesses only region 748Lake Champlain - center [used to also access 790Lac Champlain]
Changed: Port at region 136Utanvas now accesses only region 754Bass Islands [used to also access 753Lake Erie]
Changed: Region 136Utanvas and Region 134Cedar now have NavalInterdict link to prevent 'port to port' direct movement
Changed: Defined Richelieu River as 'minor river crossing' from 59Richelieu to both 58Chambly or 57Isle aux Noix
Changed: Removed "1 way portage" from 1402Lake Georges to 249Shenectady [remnant of an old portage experiment]
Changed: Removed crossing link between 235Middleton and 240Long Island

Update: added UserInterface.opt for VGN compatibility in future patches
Update: added InCityScape = 1 to all Structure files for future VGN compatibility in patches

Added: Aliases for future CIC ability
Added: Parameters file for various RoP rules that must be disabled for WIA [Game Rules.opt]

Fixed: Several German Leaders, and USA Glover had weight = 1. Corrected to Weight = 0
Fixed: Alias for Unit 498 = Henri Bouquet for 1755 series [now is: uni_GBR_Bouquet2]
Fixed: Spanish Army 'Unit Bullet' for on-map display
Fixed: Short name in unit Admiral Rodney was showng as Pigot
Fixed: Seaman ability will now improve movement of Naval Units only ["Dual Army/Navy leaders" with Seaman were also benefitting Land movement]
Fixed: Alias number for $abiCollection [was 13, now 21] to be fully compatible with latest game engine
Fixed: "Home Area" bonuses and penalties: +10 Cohesion in Home area; Reduced TQ [Discipline] when outside Home area.
. Modified "home area" of Rangers, Partisans and Riflemen to include the 13 Colonies, Canada, Northwest Territory and Louisianne

1755 Campaign
. Reworked text for replacement events to make it clearer what is arriving.
. Added AI helper events to reduce arrival location probabilities of AI reinforcements to Louisbourg, Halifax, West Indies or Cuba
. New Orleans becomes an Objective upon Spanish entry into the war
. Added message when Elite replacements were successfully recruited [in options]

1756 Montcalm
. Added AI helper events to reduce arrival location probabilities of AI reinforcements to Louisbourg, Halifax, West Indies or Cuba

1759 Annus Mirabilis

1775/76 AI Help and Game Balance
. Modified AI-GBR purchase Supply option to test for favorable location [free of enemy troops] prior to purchse
. Reduced Aggression bonus for the Boston Evacuation AI event
. Added War Weariness events to penalize Human GBR vs USA AI games. Events start in 1780: Each turn that a 'Colonies' Region is uncontrolled, GBR loses VP and NM
. Added 'Army in Being'. Starting 1780, every 3 months if USA still has >30 Regular + Elite + Dragoon troops and Washington is alive, GBR loses VP and NM
. Modified the arrival location probability list for Sir Charles Grey's force [limited to Northhern locations]

1775/1776 Campaign
. Changed purchase Supply option locations for USA to owned City in PA. Will then search Middle States only if all PA cities are GBR. Then searches all NewEngland locations only if all Middle States cities are GBR.
. Renamed Elijah Clarke's partisan group from Clark's to Clarke's
. Fixed Marion's Partisan group arrival
. Galvez Forces appear immediately unlocked now
. Reworked replacements: fixed bi-annual Militia repl bug; reduced USA Artillery repl; added USA Supply replacements; removed USA Skirmisher repl [no units use this family]
. Fixed Admiral Rowley arrival event to remove 33% chance to arrive in a landlocked region.
. Added replacements events for USA Skirmishers [Riflemen] and USA Light Infantry. {Light Infantry is low probability}
. Inconsistency of family type between Model and Unit corrected for Light Infantry and Riflemen. {Riflemen are now $famSkirmisher, Light Infantry are now all $famLightInf}{Light Infantry also become subtype $Regular}
. Added National Morale boost to USA when France gets involved. Bonuses at announcement of Alliance, Declaration of war, and shortly after French troops arrive. Boost given only if USA Morale is < British Morale.
. Corrected leader's rank display for Spanish Generals Giron and Ezpeleta; Spanish Admiral Iranzabal now properly displays as Admiral's rank
. Corrected text for the arrival of a small Spanish expedition in 1781
. Added message when Elite replacements were successfully recruited [in options]
. Changed arrival location for units arriving with the declaration of French Alliance
. Added Supply unit to the "third Hortelez Supply" event
. Fixed arrival of Robert Howe for USA in April 1776

1812 Campaign
. Inconsistency of family type and subtype between Model and Unit corrected for many units and models. Replacements adjusted accordingly.
. Added General Robert Ross to the Chesapeake Expedition in 1814
. For AI: Helper event for 1814 Chesapeake Expedition and 1814 New Orleans Expedition
. Randomized date of Napoleon's exile to Elba and tied massive 1814 GBR reinforcements to the exile.
. Randomized Napolen's return and the subsequent removal of GBR replacements.
. ING faction Tecumseh and Brandt Units and Models added
. Resolved duplicate Unit definitions for Voltigeurs [uni_GBR_1812Lit3]
. Unblocked Gibraltar to allow another GBR port for refit. Increased strength of Gibraltar garrison.
. Revised "Americans in Canada" event to count Militia in addition to Regulars at Richelieu
. Added 'garrison' Indian Tribes to villages. Removed several villages in South
. Added depots at Detroit, St. Augustine, FL and York, Canada
. Strengthened Amherstburg Garrison [GBR] and Mobile Garrison [GBR/SPA]
. Reduced most USA depots to level 1; Reduced Montreal Depot to level 1

Pontiac's War
. Unit and Model added for J. Campbell
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Introduction of the 1755 "Colonial Faction", with 3 new scenarios [duplicates of existing FIW scenarios/campaign]:

== GBR Provincials and Militia are now a Sub-faction, with Command Penalties applied if in a stack without leaders of same faction or with the "Colonial" command ability [Similar penalty to USA/FRA/SPA or GBR/GER in 1775/76]

Fixed: Nova Scotia Militia is now COL faction [was still GBR]
Fixed: Kings Royal Rifle Corps [60th Royal Americans] should be GBR Regular. Attempt to create COL version caused error.

1755 Campaign - COL faction
. Rework of scenario using new COL faction for the British Provincials and Militia
. Added AutoGarrison commands
. New Orleans becomes an Objective upon Spanish entry into the war

1756 Montcalm
. Rework of scenario using new COL faction for the British Provincials and Militia

1759 Annus Mirabilis Colonial
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

kaiser
Private

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:35 pm

Thank you Pocus! Just recently bought this game and am enjoying it. Thanks for your continued support.

mmccot
Conscript

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Indeed much appriciated Lodilefty and everyone, your continued support is remarkable. Didn't notice the new patch was avaible untill now, maybe put it in the new's section?
Am I safe in assuming one should install before starting a new game or will it work with saved game?
Thanks Again Gentleman.

lodilefty

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:58 pm

mmccot wrote:Indeed much appriciated Lodilefty and everyone, your continued support is remarkable. Didn't notice the new patch was avaible untill now, maybe put it in the new's section?
Am I safe in assuming one should install before starting a new game or will it work with saved game?
Thanks Again Gentleman.

Results with a saved game started from previous versions is unpredictable. :blink:

I strongly recommend new game start after patch. :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Wow! I somehow missed this as well! I can bring out the final Pontiac version now - better speed up testing.
I hope for at least one more patch so I can add the King William's War models and hopfully the structure position changes :thumbsup:

Many thanks to Lodi and all.
Cheers, Chris

Joe Bukal
Private

Great game

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Thank you for new update. I love playing your games . I have been playing BOA 1 & 2 + AACW by mail for years and just love the easy play and great game engine.
Joe Bukal :thumbsup:

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:37 am

Just bought the game and used the auto updater. (nice feature btw, longtime ACW player here) It updated to 1.06. I guess I should install this update seperately?

lodilefty

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:03 am

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:Just bought the game and used the auto updater. (nice feature btw, longtime ACW player here) It updated to 1.06. I guess I should install this update seperately?

Yes. The autoupdater will not function beyond 1.06

This and all future updates will be via download/extract/install.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Pocus

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Updated to version 10.7b

This patch [1.07b]

Fixes
* Changed 'Tech Upgrade' option [USA 1775/76] to have elite return to Lite Inf vs. Regular [to break circular logic bug]
* Added *NoCapture* attribute to all $famRaiders to fix the Raiders capturing Cities bug

Engine
* Fixed bug with Script engine not properly interpreting EvalRgnVP [gave erroneous event triggers: Philadelphia/Boston captured in 1755]

New
* Added files [Alias, Settings] and model parameter for AI_Affinity system for leaders

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:00 am

Pocus wrote:Updated to version 10.7b

This patch [1.07b]

Fixes

Engine

New

Pocus,

It was a very good improvement to teach the AI how to concentrate stacks to bring full firepower to bear......HOWEVER the AI is now very susceptible to turtling up and not act aggressively enough....almost shy to use the stacks of doom.

I suggest upping up the aggressiveness a bit. I played a full campaign with the Americans in 1775 and initially the Brits were furious, taking ground left and right but somehow in 1779 and with the French entry they stopped going after the strategic cities and my stacks....and decided to turtle up in cities primarily with depots. This is fine....but they need to fight for points.

Pocus

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:25 am

Thanks for the report, it has value for me, but only one report is not enough though. What you are talking about, the British behavior, must, I believe be tweaked by AI scripts, so to have a real strategic thinking. I'm unsure I should augment the AI aggressivity all of time here...

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Pocus wrote:Thanks for the report, it has value for me, but only one report is not enough though. What you are talking about, the British behavior, must, I believe be tweaked by AI scripts, so to have a real strategic thinking. I'm unsure I should augment the AI aggressivity all of time here...

Yes I am primarily talking about the British AI here. It was great to see the British AI concentrate its forces and move them around as one mean doom stack on the map between 1775-1777 but starting 1778, the AI became very timid although it had a huge stack planted on some of the strategic cities and if not on them, usually in cities with depots. The latter is great because it allows the AI to replenish forces but I still felt like that the AI didn´t want to fight me anymore and just turtled up.

I am also playing with fog of war turned off for the AI so it could definitely see my meagre forces initially and even in the end phase of the war, he had two huge stacks in New England which he could have used to capture NYC with ease again (it had done so after the Boston evac event).

Just my two cent.

lodilefty

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:23 pm

TheDeadeye wrote:Yes I am primarily talking about the British AI here. It was great to see the British AI concentrate its forces and move them around as one mean doom stack on the map between 1775-1777 but starting 1778, the AI became very timid although it had a huge stack planted on some of the strategic cities and if not on them, usually in cities with depots. The latter is great because it allows the AI to replenish forces but I still felt like that the AI didn´t want to fight me anymore and just turtled up.

I am also playing with fog of war turned off for the AI so it could definitely see my meagre forces initially and even in the end phase of the war, he had two huge stacks in New England which he could have used to capture NYC with ease again (it had done so after the Boston evac event).

Just my two cent.

This is a good place for an Event to increase aggressivity.... :w00t:

...but I'm not sure what conditions are to be used!!! We can't just go by a date, as a player may not have the same situation as you...

Increase in Aggression is 'easy'. Conditions are very complex I fear.... :blink:

ponder, ponder..... :sherlock: :siffle:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:13 pm

lodilefty wrote:This is a good place for an Event to increase aggressivity.... :w00t:

...but I'm not sure what conditions are to be used!!! We can't just go by a date, as a player may not have the same situation as you...

Increase in Aggression is 'easy'. Conditions are very complex I fear.... :blink:

ponder, ponder..... :sherlock: :siffle:

How about this....just tell the AI to attack with extreme prejudice and impunity all strategic cities (big starred one) and turtle up there?

1) It gives the AI great points.
2) Most strategic cities are in a plains province, meaning the red coats get high bonuses in field combat
3) The AI should garrison the strategic cities BIG TIME by turtling up (which is does) and defend it as if their lives depend on it.

If dislodged, the AI should immediately concentrate the stacks (as it was taught now) and launch attacks. In any case, the human player will have to fight one way or another, even if he intends to defend the strategic cities, HE HAS TO FIGHT meaning that he can most likely lose and be dislodged.

In addition, he AI also would get points by destroying elements...so it makes sense.

What do you think? Make the AI see the strategic city as the Holy Grail.

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Also make the AI stacks go after enemy stacks as much as possible whenever possible, UNLESS it is severely depleted in strength (less than 50 %) then have the AI turtle up its stacks at cities with depots and/or big harbors whenever possible to replenish. :D

Hobbes

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:17 am

TheDeadeye wrote:How about this....just tell the AI to attack with extreme prejudice and impunity all strategic cities (big starred one) and turtle up there?

1) It gives the AI great points.
2) Most strategic cities are in a plains province, meaning the red coats get high bonuses in field combat
3) The AI should garrison the strategic cities BIG TIME by turtling up (which is does) and defend it as if their lives depend on it.

If dislodged, the AI should immediately concentrate the stacks (as it was taught now) and launch attacks. In any case, the human player will have to fight one way or another, even if he intends to defend the strategic cities, HE HAS TO FIGHT meaning that he can most likely lose and be dislodged.

In addition, he AI also would get points by destroying elements...so it makes sense.

What do you think? Make the AI see the strategic city as the Holy Grail.

I have made certain locations in the Pontiac scenario very interesting for the AI but I have found that it doesn't guarantee constistent interest.
It would be nice to have a set local interest level above which would almost certainly result in sustained AI interest in a location for sieges etc.
However it does work pretty well in Pontiac - not perfect though :)

Cheers, Chris

GustFire
Sergeant

Pontiac's War?

Tue May 11, 2010 8:43 pm

I updated to 1.07b, but now the Pontiac's War scenario is missing.
What happened to it?
I thought it would continue in the update.
:confused:
God and I are like two giant fat people in a tiny boat.
We keep bumping into each other, and laughing.
~~ Hafiz

lodilefty

Tue May 11, 2010 10:11 pm

GustFire wrote:I updated to 1.07b, but now the Pontiac's War scenario is missing.
What happened to it?
I thought it would continue in the update.
:confused:

PW is a mod, so you'll need to reinstall it.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Tue May 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Playing the 1755 campaign, Col variant.
The "Master logistician" is not working as it says it should. It says that the ability applies even if the officer is not the commander of the stack. At the moment he has to be the stack commander for the reduction in supply needed to work.
I ran a test with an army with Abercromby in command with Forbes also in the stack, he has the trait concerned. The supply usage of this stack per turn was 61. When you remove Abercromby and leave Forbes in command the supply usage drops to 43.
Can post save if needed.

Ebbingford

Tue May 18, 2010 10:41 pm

I have just taken the option from the ledger to get bateaux on Lake Chaplain. I am sure when playing this before that only one unit is meant to arrive. This time I had three turn up, two of them in Crown Point and one in Saint Sacrament, (Fort William Henry).
Save and backup attached.
Attachments
Bateaux.rar
(452.74 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

lodilefty

Wed May 19, 2010 9:56 am

Ebbingford wrote:Playing the 1755 campaign, Col variant.
The "Master logistician" is not working as it says it should. It says that the ability applies even if the officer is not the commander of the stack. At the moment he has to be the stack commander for the reduction in supply needed to work.
I ran a test with an army with Abercromby in command with Forbes also in the stack, he has the trait concerned. The supply usage of this stack per turn was 61. When you remove Abercromby and leave Forbes in command the supply usage drops to 43.
Can post save if needed.

Actually, this ability is "Leader Appliance" in all AGE-engine games, and has been since BoA!!! :blink:

The text for the ability description is correct in Boa and AACW, but was changed (and copied forward) in NCP. Now exists with this error in all games except AACW! :(

Will change the text description to be correct (as in AACW):
This leader provides a 25% reduction to supply consumption for the whole stack under his command.

Thanks for finding ths insidious little "bug" :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Wed May 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Ebbingford wrote:I have just taken the option from the ledger to get bateaux on Lake Chaplain. I am sure when playing this before that only one unit is meant to arrive. This time I had three turn up, two of them in Crown Point and one in Saint Sacrament, (Fort William Henry).
Save and backup attached.

This is WAD - almost :blink:

The bateaux at Saint Sacrement is the one you built from options

The two at Crown Point are "free" bateaux awarded when GBR has Military Control of that region. The "almost" comment I make is that this event failed to send a message to the Message Log for the player. That will be fixed next patch or Interim Update.

Thank you for reporting this! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed May 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Pocus: I still cannot restore my WIA game after losing it in fire at home. I did buy and play the game (enjoyed it!) What do I need to do. t

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Fri May 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Will there be a public code patch for WIA as well like the other titles? :love:

lodilefty

Fri May 21, 2010 5:01 pm

TheDeadeye wrote:Will there be a public code patch for WIA as well like the other titles? :love:

We're working on another patch :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Paul Roberts

Fri May 21, 2010 5:21 pm

lodilefty wrote:We're working on another patch :)

This makes me very happy. I've really been getting into WiA.

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Fri May 21, 2010 8:48 pm

lodilefty wrote:We're working on another patch :)

That's great to hear. What will be changed??

lodilefty

Fri May 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Anazagar wrote:That's great to hear. What will be changed??

That would be peeking! :D

Seriously, several small bugfixes, AI improvements and a somewhat significant change for the "assault" posture....

...and maybe another "officialized" mod scenario.... :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Fri May 21, 2010 11:24 pm

lodilefty wrote:That would be peeking! :D

Seriously, several small bugfixes, AI improvements and a somewhat significant change for the "assault" posture....

...and maybe another "officialized" mod scenario.... :w00t:

When? :D

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat May 22, 2010 12:26 am

Pocus: When can I get WIA back? Icon vanished. L3

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”