Rafiki

[UNION] - "States of the Union" - the accounts of President Lincoln - Comment thread

Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Any comments or questions about my AAR? I'd like to hear about it, especially if it helps make the AAR better. :)

Since we cannot read eachothers' AARs, it's up to you to point out if there is interesting information left out that you'd like some insight into!

[SIZE="1"]Just make sure not to reveal anything from the other players' AARs or from the CSA war room.[/size]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Lonster
Corporal

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:39 am

Rafiki,

I just wanted to pipe in to say that your aar's are great. I would prefer short and frequent updates rather than long infrequent updates(or no updates). Sometimes with our desire to make things "perfect", the things get left undone.

I thought turn 7 & 8 were great.

thanks and keep'em coming

Rafiki

Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:14 am

I think I've found a fairly OK way to update the AAR, after I have issued my orders for a given turn.

Lately, the "turn cycles" with all 7 people involved getting their things done have been a bit slow, especially with NewAgeNapoleon being out of action and probably because of vacations butting in too (pesky summertime). Now, with a new CSA president taking over, I'm optimistic we'll get the pace up and that should make for some more updates as well (especially with me maintaining a better update discipline ;) )

I'll be the first to admit that what you say about wanting things to be as good as possible can very well leave things undone instead, BTW ;)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:20 am

Imaginary comments by generals, etc. and stupifying to me. Just my view. Tag

Rafiki

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:29 am

I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

PBBoeye
General

Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:28 pm

So has this gone into some type of hiatus?

Rafiki

Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:49 pm

Lots of people are on vacation now, and we're waiting for people to return to pick it up.

Once everyone's back, I'm pretty sure we'll get the pace back :)

(I am however, one post behind, so now that the wiki is up and running, I expect to get it done shortly :) )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:23 pm

Quite a few tunrs have passed, and it seems thnings are running fairly smoothly now, albeit at it's own steady pace.

I suddenly find myself 2 turns behind on my AAR updates (prioritized task to get à jour on it), and I'd like to take the chance to ask if you think the AAR is becoming repetitive? I have a template I use for structure, but it also brings the AAR updates down the same path every time.

So, are there things you are tired of hearing about? Are there things you'd like to hear more about or perhaps even things you'd like to hear about that haven't even been mentioned so far?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Pocus

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:45 pm

I don't find repetitive AAR even if they speak mostly of the same things. After all we are reading about a war, and war are about battles :) So this don't bother me. I prefer a slighly redundant AAR but up to date, compared to one where there is one update every month. ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Rafiki

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:49 pm

Well, if some people would stop asking if I'd like to look into new things as well as inspire me to think of new things to do, then perhaps I might be able to focus on one thing at a time... ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Pocus

Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:57 pm

humans with single brain are things from the past. Ettin rules!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Grand Campaign I (archive)”