aryaman

question on garrisons

Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi
I would like to have garrisons that can´t be activated, so that they can´t be used elsewhere. They are supposed to be a urban militia, so how can I best achieve this?
Besides, those garrisons should pop up whenever the loyalty of the region changes sides, so that if a city with a proRoman garrison changes sides, the garrison is withdraw and replaced by a proCarthaginian garrison, is that possible?

PhilThib

Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:14 pm

There are two different matters here:

1 - Fixed garrisons: once you have defined the model and unit, in the scenarios you just fix it in the concern region (code 999 in Column G). This is the best. In such a way, those units won't move unless attacked (i.e. after the city is stormed).

2 - The second point is trickier but feasible. We may define some events where, based on loyalty level, a certain unit in the region is eliminated and replaced by her counterpart from the other side. This is feasible, but to make things work correctly, it would mean you have to define as many units (for each side) as there are concerned cities in the scenario... not a big deal, around 50-60 cities, that many original units... unless Pocus has a better idea :indien:

Pocus

Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:28 pm

1. set a 0% MR also

2. I believe the AddGarrison command is powerful enough to make many things. Now if you want to have a specific unit name for each city this is more work, but still doable.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

aryaman

Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:23 pm

For the 0 MR should be defined in the models file, right? I mean, I would probably need especial models with 0 MR.
As for names, it is not mandatory, generic garrison units would do fine.

PhilThib

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:12 am

Yes, in the model file. :indien:

Return to “Punic Wars Project”