aryaman

Set up questions

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:44 pm

I have started with the setup xls, as I don´t quite understand the scenario parameters, I started with the setup of the forces, and I wonder
1) The limit of 18 elements per division is a fixed one or can be modified by scenario?
2) How do you set units at lower level of cohesion/strength?

PhilThib

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi,

Do not hesitate to ask questions to me. you can also send me partial works on xls and I'll correct /return them with comments

a) the 18 elements is a limit due to interface constraints (i.e. physical): there is no room to display more elements symbols than 18 in the right-handside panel

b) we have a special parameter which is "set cohesion" (you can also alter health). The eaxct syntax can be found in the setup xls files for AACW 1861 April campaign (the early CSA and USA reinforcement armies arrive with lw health and cohesion). It inflicts a percentage reduction to the unit's basic cohesion...for instance, if you set the cohesion at 50, the unit will have 'only' 50% of its standard cohesion...

Shabaka
Private

I just saw this a few minutes ago

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:56 am

Excellent.

Any ideas on break down of cohesiveness based on terrain? Sword/shieldmen were much better in rough terrain for example than phalangist/spearmen.

There were also different frontages for spearmen, swordsmen etc. so maybe the 18 elements could reflect that in some manner?

I know im late to the game and havent had time to think about it but just thought i would toss out a couple of quick thoughts.

aryaman

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:14 pm

There is a difference between skirmishers and line infantry, but I have not thought about differences in frontage within line infantry unit types, however I know that is a very much debated question and I am not sure about frontage working in the game. Besides you have to take into account also ranks depth.

Pocus

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:39 pm

The code can't do exactly that right now, but can be adapted relatively easily. The aim would be to have specific models get variations in their cohesion depending of the terrain they are in for example.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

aryaman

Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:11 pm

However Light Infantry has already an advantage fighting in woods, right?

PhilThib

Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:12 pm

and in movement too :indien:

Return to “Punic Wars Project”