aryaman

More Questions on Map modding

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:26 pm

I see that the Scenario setup .xls 3rd sheet (cities) share most of the fields as the regions .xls, so I wonder
1) Do I have to modify the sce .xls and then copy and paste the data to the setup .xls?
2) What are the files I would create after exporting the file to csv? (I mean, I have already created new .rgn with modified names displayed in the map and then I have manually modified the terrain type in some of them, would I have to change then again, or would be other type of files the ones recreated?)

As you see, I still have to figure out how the mod process is. I would apreciate a kind of short guide, not a detailed one but a simple one in which the steps are summarized, like for example the first step I did

1. Modify geographic conditions in the .rgn files through the regions.xls file

Primasprit

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi aryaman!

aryaman wrote:[...]As you see, I still have to figure out how the mod process is. I would apreciate a kind of short guide, not a detailed one but a simple one in which the steps are summarized, like for example the first step I did

1. Modify geographic conditions in the .rgn files through the regions.xls file

What would you like to change in the next step? City locations and city names? OOB or events?

aryaman

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi Primasprit
Basically all the data available in the regions .xls, rename cities, add new cities and fortresses, city levels, civ levels, transport levels...even area names if that is possible and don´t create too many problems

Primasprit

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:45 pm

I posted here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7069 an example how to add a city to the map in BoA.
The process is for NCP basically the same. I described somewhere in the post to set some values in the CVS-Splitter to zero. This might be not true for NCP, you need to insert the correct column number there.

Cheers
Norbert

aryaman

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:31 pm

In that example you only modified the cities tab in the scenario set up .xls, however I have been told by the Phillips to work on the regions .xls and I wonder if that is a mandatory step and what are the files I would be producing from that.

Primasprit

Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:02 pm

Ok, so use the regions.xls instead of the cities tab. The process itself remains the same as I described in the linked post. :cwboy:

aryaman

Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:10 pm

But then, should I copy and paste the data into the cities tab? it seems an unnecesary work, I would assume the work on the regions .xls is required for another reasons

Return to “Punic Wars Project”