aryaman

II Punic War mod

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi all
I want to make a mod based on NCP game, with the theme of the II Punic War. This is my first mod experience with this game, so I will need a great deal of assistance, any contribution welcomed.
I will try to make an scenario test to see how it works.
My first step is going to be the map. First thing is to change the name of the regions for name of ancient regions and cities. I want to keep it as a reasonable ammount of work, so I will use the same regions of the NCP map. I want to include in the map of most of Iberia up to the ribver Douro, Southern France, Italy and North Africa, and my first problem is that there are regions of Northern Africa and Southern Italy that I can´t see in the map, they are in the regions excel file but they are not included in any NCP scenario, so my question is, how can I see them? It is important to know what are their limits, so that I can find a suitable ancient name for the region. Anyone can help me?

Pocus

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:29 am

To see the entire map, go to system option and uncheck 'limit map scrolling' or something like that.

Aryaman presented us his project, and his design choices and how he sees to implement the specifics of the Punic War era are really good in our opinion, while being not too demanding of code changes, so he has received our blessing to proceed, with a bit of our help when we can spare time.

But as you guess, we have few of this resource, so we proposed him to do a call for help from expert modders, so that his mod can be a team work, if he agrees, as there is much work expected.

Modders knowing how to tweak a bit the regions, or create a scenario would be of good help to him.

If things evolve well, into a mini game project, then we can open a subforum in the modding section for him too. :coeurs:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

aryaman

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Pocus wrote:To see the entire map, go to system option and uncheck 'limit map scrolling' or something like that.

But where do I find system option?

Rafiki

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:03 pm

In the option screen, which you can access from the main screen you arrive at when you start the game
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

aryaman

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Thanks!

Pocus

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:46 pm

I sent you a PM aryaman, please check your box.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

FLS

Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi aryaman,

I can't be of any help regarding IT. :nuts: But Punic wars is my favourite historical period. (I'm reading right now the punic wars from Titus Livius :tournepas ...
So if I can help with historical events or historical background, names, etc, don't hesitate to drop a message!!

FLS

DiodonFR
Corporal

Sun May 24, 2009 10:29 pm

Do you know when the first version of this mod will be available ?

Good luck for your great job !

Return to “Punic Wars Project”